An Old School Catholic Message Board

Silent Retreat

SisterAli

Hello all-

I'm asking that you please say some prayers for me this weekend I will be at a silent retreat with the Order of Sisters that I am a candidate for. I will be turning in the first half of my papers and will be starting on the 2nd half. I need some clarification on this summer as to what I need to do, enter or transfer to get my degree. So please pray for me. Thank you and God Bless.

Ali :)

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 21 2006, 01:48 PM']Say hi to Amy Clausius from Jenny from Newman!

That is, after you are done being silent!
[right][snapback]893835[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amy has a new Sister name!!! Sister Mary Gabriel!!!!!! Here is a beautiful picture of her....and then Mother Joan Paul sitting in the chair! I've talked to her several times...she is so cute :-)

If you click on this link you can see a picture of her and a few other sisters! Amy is the FAR LEFT CORNER AT THE TOP!!!!!!

[url="http://www.rc.net/lincoln/schoolsisters/events3.html"]Amy now as Sister Mary Gabriel[/url]

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 21 2006, 01:42 PM']You'll be in my prayers.  Are you going to Lincoln?
[right][snapback]893827[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, I most certainly am going to Lincoln!!!!!!!!!! Please pray for me!!!!!!!! Kinda nervous...scared???

Ali

retreats are the kewlest especially its it in a convent. I have 3 retreats next month, one confirmation, once with the SSEW and one with the OSF SISTERS in east peoria.

i'm excited about the confirmation retreat due to the fact i have my talk to give...which i still need to work on it....oops. the SSEW retreat is also exciting ebcause it focuses on prayer and spirituality in general, and too its my visit to the community......and the OSF retreat, well i get to stay the night in the novicate so i'm really excited about that part.

I couldnt say i have never attended a silent retreat.....i have no clue what they are like....to me a silent retrea is those on retreat no saying a word...thats normal for me not talking during a retreat.

she_who_is_not

Lot's of prayers to you!!!!
My mom once got snowed in at a silent retreat. I think that snowstorm was the biggest in 20 years. She was at an Augustinian friary and she was the only lay person there. :lol_roll: Everyone else was a religious sister. At first they were going to maintain silence but as after a few days they decided to talk. So, check the weather forecast. :D:

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:23 PM']retreats are the kewlest especially its it in a convent. I have 3 retreats next month, one confirmation, once with the SSEW and one with the OSF SISTERS in east peoria.

i'm excited about the confirmation retreat due to the fact i have my talk to give...which i still need to work on it....oops. the SSEW retreat is also exciting ebcause it focuses on prayer and spirituality in general, and too its my visit to the community......and the OSF retreat, well i get to stay the night in the novicate so i'm really excited about that part.

I couldnt say i have never attended a silent retreat.....i have no clue what they are like....to me a silent retrea is those on retreat no saying a word...thats normal for me not talking during a retreat.
[right][snapback]893885[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sixtina, Which one are you going to? I'm going with a friend at the end of March to a SSEW silent retreat...It's being given by a Carmelite father...just curious...Small world, huh? Pace e bene, Brandelyn

Prayers for you, Ali! I just got back from a retreat myself with the Trappistines in Sonoita, AZ. Silence is such a gift!

Keep yourself open to whatever God might wish to impart to you.