Socrates Posted March 1, 2006 Posted March 1, 2006 [quote name='Cathurian' date='Feb 28 2006, 06:41 PM']I know that. I'm making no statement on the rightness or wrongness of the act, I'm just saying it's a mistake to say it's a selfish whim or anything similar. Even secular psychology doesn't let people do this on a whim, and that's saying something, and the hormone therapy takes 2-3 years at the *least* to approach completion. A sex change is something that's impossible to do on a whim; it's not allowed and it's physically impossible. Let me be frank -- show me the Catholic counselor that can cure folks like this, and I guarantee you, people will come. There are Catholics who struggle with this, and most non-Christian transsexuals I know would try anything [b]if it was proven to work long-term[/b]. [/quote] There was a good article by a Catholic psychiatrist someone posted some time back that I was trying to find, but for the life of me, I can't find it! It said that most of the people having these operations were not really happy afterwards in the long term. Maybe calling that a "whim" would be poor wording, but it is something seriously wrong. [quote]How do you know that these people have no regard for their families or others in society? We're not privy to the conversations they have with relatives and friends. When you're suicidal, and there's only one thing generally known to alleviate the pain, you go do that. Yes, it hurts the family. Most certainly. I can name one person who doesn't care at all about the others involved in this situation, but otherwise, everybody I know is DEEPLY hurt by the problems it causes within the family, and cares a great deal. Nobody wants their mother to cry. That's just human nature. Of course transsexuals, like everybody else, care about how their families will react.[/quote] I was not saying that they in general have no concern for others, but that their "operation" is certainly not something done primarily out of love for others, but to satisfy one's own personal desires. If they were truly putting their families first, they would not do such a thing! [quote]But when you're about to kill yourself, or you face such incredible misery ever day that you are literally incapable of work (it happens), you have to take some kind of action.[/quote] This kind of action is the wrong choice, and is not necessary to save their lives. These people need to overcome their own delusions and perversions that are causing them such misery. "Surgery" is only an external "fix" which does not address the true problem. It cannot truly be said that having a penis and testicles, etc. is in itself life-threatening, nor is the true cause of their suicidal nature. They need to conform their own minds to reality, rather than try to change nature to fit their own mental illnesses. The illness in this case in the mind, not the body. [quote]Say it's a demonic action, a perverted action, a horribly intrinsically evil action, that may very well be so. I don't know. But not a SELFISH action. Trying your best not to die is not a selfish action. If your actions are wrong, at worst, it's a very, very mistaken action. Once again -- I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's not a sudden decision, and it's not selfish, even (especially!) for the elderly. I'm not offended, and I can believe it. There is a connection. In fact, there's a whole community full of people with demons on LJ, and I went back and checked an old poll I remembered that showed a very large ratio of transsexuals to people with demons. 13 out of 51 of those people, to be exact, identified as transsexual or "androgynous". I always assumed transsexuality was the cause of the demonic activity, rather than the other way around, cause as a general rule, pre-op transsexuals are beyond miserable and have no friends and no lives. Yeah, you can find exceptions, but for the most part this holds true, and it seems that would open one to demonic activity. Speaking only for myself, it certainly opened me. PM me about those stories? [right][snapback]900310[/snapback][/right] [/quote] One story I heard only through word of mouth, and cannot verify its accuracy, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. It involved a "rad-trad" schismatic who attempted an exorcism, which failed, and he later had a "sex-change." The other was in the Malachi Martin book about demonic exorcisms, which should also be taken with a grain of salt. I really don't know much about this stuff, but there does seem to be a pattern. Which came first, the chicken or the egg, I don't know - but the connection of sexual disorders with the demonic should tell you something about their true nature. It is not something that leads to greater closeness with God.
fundy_mental Posted March 1, 2006 Posted March 1, 2006 *sigh* Again what the BLEEP is the world coming to!
Desert Walker Posted March 1, 2006 Author Posted March 1, 2006 (edited) I understand Cathurian's points. They need to be said. I know that my first post seemed to lack compassion for this guy. But I did not say that he was being selfish and irresponsible in attempting to change his gender (even though in an objective moral sense he is). He IS being selfish and irresponsible in going back to teach kids. He's clearly not considering the concerns of the parents of the children in his classroom -- which is arrogantly self-centered -- and he's obviously not worried about the effect he will have on the minds of his impressionable students. Has anyone cared to notice exactly what this guy said about this situation? "It was magnificent," McBeth said afterward. "You saw democracy in action." Democracy in action?! Who gives a carp! "I will not allow you to put my kids in a petri dish and hope it all turns out fine," said Mark Schnepp. I'm sorry but these kids are more important that the emotional well being of Mr. McBeth! I know this life is hard people, but the hardness of life should not prevent school boards, or anyone charged with the noble duty of cultivating children, from discriminating against people who have chosen to try escaping the hardness of their life through abnormal behaviors from which little children MUST be insulated. "It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than for them to give scandal to my little ones." -- Jesus Christ Edited March 1, 2006 by Desert Walker
cmotherofpirl Posted March 1, 2006 Posted March 1, 2006 The issue is this guy returning to work with little kids. He should not have that option, and would not be around my kids in that capacity.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now