An Old School Catholic Message Board

Research Paper

zunshynn

Would anybody be interested in reading the draft of my research paper about the role of consecrated women in the Catholic Church?

My teacher said he was confused by it, and that it was not my best work, so I'd love to get y'alls opinions on it before I turn in the final draft on Friday.

If you are, pm your email address to me. I will post the whole thing on here for all of you to read once I've turned it it in, but I have to submit it to turnitin.com and if I post it now it will show up as plagiarism.

Thanks much!

Laurentina1975

I just read it...yeah it's definately "A" quality. There was a sentence you forgot a period on in the first page.

Did your teacher ask for footnotes? Maybe he may not understand what some of the wording is, since he probably doesn't know too much about religious life if he says it is "B" quality.

I thought it was immaculate, no pun intended...hahahah :popcorn:

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 6 2006, 07:20 PM']I just read it...yeah it's definately "A" quality.  There was a sentence you forgot a period on in the first page.

Did your teacher ask for footnotes?  Maybe he may not understand what some of the wording is, since he probably doesn't know too much about religious life if he says it is "B" quality.

I thought it was immaculate, no pun intended...hahahah :popcorn:
[right][snapback]904891[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: well I would hardly say it's immaculate... but thank you. No it wasn't really my citations or footnotes, but I think he does want me to explain more. He did ask if I'd researched the section on apostolic life. Unfortunately, it was just my impression from my own knowledge. I can't seem to find many good sources about the role of active nuns. It was awfully negative too, after I looked at it again—I have no idea why it turned out that way. It hardly reflected the admiration I have for active nuns. :sorry:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Mar 7 2006, 11:46 AM']:lol: well I would hardly say it's immaculate... but thank you. No it wasn't really my citations or footnotes, but I think he does want me to explain more. He did ask if I'd researched the section on apostolic life. Unfortunately, it was just my impression from my own knowledge. I can't seem to find many good sources about the role of active nuns. It was awfully negative too, after I looked at it again—I have no idea why it turned out that way. It hardly reflected the admiration I have for active nuns. :sorry:
[right][snapback]905321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What about the intitute for religious life website?
Can you use online resources? They would have a good explantion or maybe the Vision website? Let me know if I can help you further on this. I would like to see you ace this, it would be easy.

Perhaps footnotes of what certain things mean would help. Like someone random may not know what "cloister" or "Evangelical Counsels" are. These words can be defined in footnotes at the bottom of your paper in smaller fonts. Then you put like a little number next to the word. (You know what I mean right?).

Pretend you are writing it for a general person, who doesn't know it. It would be like you or I reading about the army for example. There they would use different terminology as well, like "recruit" and "E3 Rank", we wouldn't kow what that stuff was w/out like a footnote or something.

Maybe that is the teachers "issue", otherwise, I see it as a most excellently written piece.
^_^

I checked the Institute on Religious Life but I did not really find any articles specifically about the contribution of active nuns to society and the Church, which is kind of what I'm looking for. I find articles about specific orders, but not in general. I may just scan Vita Consecrata and my other documents again.

We aren't supposed to use footnotes, but I'll try to do some explaining within the paper.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Mar 7 2006, 04:04 PM']I checked the Institute on Religious Life but I did not really find any articles specifically about the contribution of active nuns to society and the Church, which is kind of what I'm looking for. I find articles about specific orders, but not in general. I may just scan Vita Consecrata and my other documents again.

We aren't supposed to use footnotes, but I'll try to do some explaining within the paper.
[right][snapback]905595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No footnotes huh? Wow. I am suprised! Well, this guy better give you what you deserve! (AN A).
;)

Yes, indeedy you are! LOL Read Zunshynn's first post! If you want to read the paper, you have to email or PM her!