An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you ever feel like...

Old_Joe

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Now that people know i am planning on being a priest, i get more people who come to me for advice.

I think your introspective shame is a hindrance. You don't believe you are worth it or capable, not because you are, but because you cannot see yourself for who you are Joe.

Let me be honest with you.

Joe you are important. Seriously. God has a plan for you, and he will leave it to you. I don't know what it is, maybe its priesthood, maybe its family. But God has chosen you to affect the lives of others and bring them to God. And if you don't do it, heck God doesnt need you. But he wants you to, for His Glory, for your own sanctification, and for the salvation of others.

Don't deny yourself as a son of God. You are God's son, and he will never make another you, Joe. You need to spend some personal time with God.

I don't know if you have had a lot of teachers put you down, or a priest put you down, or even your own dad. Maybe that got it into your head that you can never be good enough. Thats a lie Joe. They only shamed you, because of their own inner shame.

When people can see that you got your life together spiritually, and emotionally, believe me they will flock to you Joe.

SHALOM

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 7 2006, 06:43 PM']I'm sorry everybody, it was my lame attempt at humor.  You see Joe said that he didn't think that people felt comfortable opening up to him so I said that I had some ideas but that I wasn't comfortable talking to him about them...

:boink:
Me - Joe
[right][snapback]905878[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I got it. It took me a second to catch on, though.

Thanks everyone for your help. I still need to reschedule an appointment with the vocations director, though. Both of us have very busy schedules.

TeresaAvila

We all have faults and character traits that are not so great (and some are great, take time to look at the good ones too!) but we must daily pick up our cross and strive to overcome them and just continue to put all your faith in our lord, if he's calling you to the priesthood then he'll give you all the graces you need to live out that call, despite your weaknesses, and remember God does not call the qualified, but qualifies the called!

God Bless You!