An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Week Retreats

photosynthesis

photosynthesis

I'm thinking about spending Holy Week at a discernment retreat. Some Daughters of St. Paul invited me to their retreat which is @ their Motherhouse in Boston, and I'm thinking about accepting... but I'm also wondering if other orders do this, and if so, which ones? I love the Daughters of St. Paul but I'm not sure if I have the money to go all the way to Boston.

Wow that sounds awesome! We have so many devotions at our parish during Holy Week, including a retreat, that this is where I'll stay. After all, it's my last parish Holy week. . .

:)

Good luck and God bless you if you do wind up going!

Oooooooooh this sounds like such a wonderful idea!!!!!!!! I've not heard of communities that offer things like this. But, I'll have to think about looking into this more! Photo... prayers for you as you discern visiting with the Daughters of St. Paul then!

Very cool...there is another community that I've heard of doing something similar...unfortunately, I can't remember which at the moment.

It sounds like it'd be awesome to spend Holy week with a community. Unfortunately, I'm so busy doing church stuff around that time that several people would definately be highly upset if I went AWOL for a week!

Charms717RM1

I'd like to spend a retreat somewhere during Holy Week- but I won't be able to this year. But I am going on one of those Jesuit retreats next week...

ThyWillBeDone

I wish I could go on a retreat this holy week, but I am one of the "lucky" seminarians who is part of the Diocesian Ceremonies Crew so I will spending all week (except wednesday) at the Cathedral helping run the liturgies. It may sound fun and it is, for a while but it gets boring fast, lots of time waiting around.
God Bless

Guest trfr415

I am not going on a Holy Week Retreat per se. But I am doing a little "personal" one with my family and some fellow parishioners.

Hope yours goes well in Boston.

TeresaAvila

No I won't be going on an "official" retreat during holy week, as I will most likely end up working part of holy week but will be singing in the choir for holy saturday vigil and also plan to be apart of all the other parish services and spending most of my free time in adoration, so in a way I will be having my own personal retreat!

It's not really close for me to go. But if anyone lives out west (particularly Oregon), you may want to check out the [b][url="http://www.op.org/stbenedicts/HWRetreat.html"]Holy Week Retreat at the Dominican Retreat Center.[/url][/b]

I hear that center is beautiful. I know someone who was a Western Province Dominican novice and was able to visit there during his retreat.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Mar 8 2006, 11:30 PM']I'm thinking about spending Holy Week at a discernment retreat.  Some Daughters of St. Paul invited me to their retreat which is @ their Motherhouse in Boston, and I'm thinking about accepting...  but I'm also wondering if other orders do this, and if so, which ones?  I love the Daughters of St. Paul but I'm not sure if I have the money to go all the way to Boston.
[right][snapback]907057[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's interesting....because.....I am discerning whether or not to go at this point too. However, the age thing...so I dunno. :sadder: