Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 I just cut up the last credit card that I own...holy cow....It's a moment of sadness as I have lost "buying power" yet I know I'm following God's will by not selling my soul to corporate America. Goodbye dear Amazon.com credit card, I will miss thee...yet, when I got my third 'rewards check' in two years I knew something was very wrong...
missionseeker Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:21 AM']I just cut up the last credit card that I own...holy cow....It's a moment of sadness as I have lost "buying power" yet I know I'm following God's will by not selling my soul to corporate America. Goodbye dear Amazon.com credit card, I will miss thee...yet, when I got my third 'rewards check' in two years I knew something was very wrong... [right][snapback]909912[/snapback][/right] [/quote] credit cards are over rated, anyway. Yea for you!
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 I just have to pay off the debt that is already on the card now. lol. After I get done returning a few things that I really don't want to return (like Star Trek the Next Generation the Complete Series that I got for 75% off!) I'll be getting pretty close.
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='missionseeker' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:28 AM']Have you ever heard of Dave Ramsey? [right][snapback]909921[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Funny you should mention him: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=49101"]Another thread[/url] Actually I took the entire course a few years ago at my old Baptist Church but since forgot many of the principles I have learned.
missionseeker Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 my mother has a book. I want to think it's signed for some reason, I'll have to check.
HisChild Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 (edited) I no longer have any credit cards with the exception of the one that's attached to my checking acct. So, good for you! Edited March 13, 2006 by PCPA2Be
kateri05 Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 ohmigosh!! i TOTALLY want to buy ST TNG complete set on DVD.... where do they have it 75% off? its like $600!!! i STTNG
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='kateri05' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:38 AM']ohmigosh!! i TOTALLY want to buy ST TNG complete set on DVD.... where do they have it 75% off? its like $600!!! i STTNG [right][snapback]909939[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I ordered from Amazon.com from their "Warehouse Deals". It has a slight nick from a box cutter on the top of the slip case. I have to find out what shipping is to send it back. If you want to buy it for the same amount I paid for it, let me know and I'll just give it to you instead.
kateri05 Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 how much is it? i might be able to talk my husband into it <<Crosses fingers>>
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='kateri05' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:44 AM']how much is it? i might be able to talk my husband into it <<Crosses fingers>> [right][snapback]909946[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I paid $288.03 plus shipping. If you figure some of the seasons alone cost $134, that's a pretty good deal for the whole thing. Believe you me, I DON'T want to part with it at all, lol. So many good memories and catechetical moments, but being out of debt and being able to provide for the fam has to come first.
kateri05 Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 sigh... thanks so much for the offer. but.... sometimes being a catholic school teacher stinks
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='kateri05' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:54 AM']sigh... thanks so much for the offer. but.... sometimes being a catholic school teacher stinks [right][snapback]909960[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol...as a likely candidate for a future Catholic school teacher....please don't remind me how much money I won't make. : you can still have Keatings book. Shoot, if you pay shipping I'll even give it to you for free.
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 I'm off to bed. see ya' in the morning
kateri05 Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 (edited) oh yea, i could ROLL in the money i don't make Edited March 13, 2006 by kateri05
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 13 2006, 01:27 AM'](like Star Trek the Next Generation the Complete Series that I got for 75% off!) [right][snapback]909919[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Forget the credit card, you've got bigger problems. :
philothea Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 I don't think credit cards are inherently evil....
jiyoung Posted March 13, 2006 Posted March 13, 2006 ^ I don't think so either...it's the whole not being able to control yourself with it, I guess. I'm sort of in that league but my debt is really minor and I know I've got money coming, more than enough to pay my debt...I guess as long as you use it for really minor purchases that you know you have money for and pay it off quickly so you don't accumulate interest, then you can build up credit for your big purchases later in life...joyous.
Brother Adam Posted March 13, 2006 Author Posted March 13, 2006 [quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 13 2006, 01:20 AM']Forget the credit card, you've got bigger problems. : [right][snapback]909983[/snapback][/right] [/quote] No, that's a very little problem. Give him/her 7 more months though...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now