An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great News

Guest Phoenix

Guest Phoenix

Hi All

After many years of discerning, (and running away), I finally applied to my diocese and I have been accepted. Please pray for me as I start my seminary Studies here in London in September.

God Bless you all!

puellapaschalis

Congratulations! Do you mean London, UK (and if so, Allen Hall?) or London...somewhere else?

I'll remember you in my prayers.

PP

Guest Phoenix

Hi All :)

[quote]  Congratulations! Do you mean London, UK (and if so, Allen Hall?) or London...somewhere else?[/quote]

Yes, Allen Hall in London, UK is where I am going!

[quote]Tell us more about you and your journey.[/quote]

Well it is a rather long story, but the highlights are, born in Zimbabwe to a Catholic Family. Have been a Catholic all my life, although I strayed from the church when I came over to England. I was "lapsed" for about 18 odd months before I got back to church, and then my faith grew deeper and deeper, and I started learning more. I came the the realisation that there was a call to something else, and started investigating. When I realised where it was leading me, I started running. This lasted around a year, but through a series of "Coincidences" just after the time JPII died, I decided to stop running and to hand over the reigns to God. and that led me to applying to the Diocese of Westminster in London UK where I currently live. And I have just been accepted. It is great news but there is an element of anxiety at the moment as I prepare for a completely difference lifestyle. So by God's grace this is where I am at the moment. This is the abbreviated version......let me know if you want any of it expanded!

Thank you all for your prayers!

God Bless

puellapaschalis

Ah, marvellous! I studied at the University of London (although my College wasn't in Westminster) and lived at Newman House on Gower Street for a little while. I adore Westminster Cathedral - you're so lucky to have that as your mother church.

Do keep us updated with how things go at Allen Hall, won't you? I knew someone who studied there, but he was ordained a few years ago and I've no idea where he is these days.

Love and prayers,

PP