An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seminarian Application

Charms717RM1

Charms717RM1

Wow, ok so that Jesuit retreat I was telling you guys about last week- it was just phenomenal. All of your suggestions were VERY helpful- so thank you! I left the adoration chapel Friday night knowing that I am being called to the diocesan priesthood :priest: !!!!! I could try to explain that experience to all of you- but words seem to fail me right now. But thank you so much!

Today my vocational director handed me the application to be accepted as a seminarian for our diocese. I have about 2 weeks to get it all in order and to write my autobiography and everything- so I'll be having some long nights and weekends burning the lampoil ahead of me. Pray for me! I'll make sure to thank the Good Lord for Phatmass and for all of you wonderful people out there!

Once again, from the bottom of my soul, THANK YOU!!!! :grouphug:

PRAISE BE TO JESUS CHRIST!!! What wonderful news! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us here. I pray that you find great joy in just the filling out of the application itself!

they are long and a bit rough at times.

Be prepared to answer nearly every question you didn't want someone to ask, but it is good. :)

They are very valuable.

i just finished mine

[quote name='Charms717RM1' date='Mar 20 2006, 09:33 PM']Wow, ok so that Jesuit retreat I was telling you guys about last week- it was just phenomenal.  All of your suggestions were VERY helpful- so thank you!  I left the adoration chapel Friday night knowing that I am being called to the diocesan priesthood  :priest: !!!!!  I could try to explain that experience to all of you- but words seem to fail me right now.  But thank you so much!

Today my vocational director handed me the application to be accepted as a seminarian for our diocese.  I have about 2 weeks to get it all in order and to write my autobiography and everything- so I'll be having some long nights and weekends burning the lampoil ahead of me.  Pray for me!  I'll make sure to thank the Good Lord for Phatmass and for all of you wonderful people out there!

Once again, from the bottom of my soul, THANK YOU!!!!  :grouphug:
[right][snapback]916200[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Praise be Jesus Christ!

God bless you for your 'yes'. I will pray for you as you begin this process and then. . .your vocation.

:sign:

GonnaBeAPriest

This is terrific! The Lord has blessed us all.

While the application/autobiography is lengthy, it is a truly wonderful experience, as are the other parts of the application process. I recently completed my final part and am awaiting a decision from the diocese in April. Throughout the process I have gained a stronger understanding of myself and believe I have strengthened my relationship with God. My suggestion is to use each part of the process as a step toward this.

You are in my prayers.

PS If you are comfortable, which diocese?

ThyWillBeDone

Oh yeah I remember filling out my seminary application, oh so much fun. You will be in my prayers
God Bless

Guest Phoenix

Hi Charms

I have just completed my applications process and although it was a lot of queestions, very personal questions, I found the whole process quite helpfull in findig out more about myself.

I am praying for you, I know how daunting it feels. :pray:

God Bless

Charms717RM1

Yea, I'm really looking forward to writing the autobiography! I've never done anything like this before- and it does seem daunting, but I enjoy challenges and I trust that the Lord will help me through it.

I'm applying with the Diocese of Fort Worth.