An Old School Catholic Message Board

wedding songs :)

katie

Cow of Shame

[quote name='prose' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:17 AM']yeah... I forgot about the gunpowder on my dress...
[right][snapback]917490[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's gotta hurt the resale value. But still, anyone else's wedding will be boring as h*** after that.

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:15 AM']You misspelled it...it's "cannon".  But still, artillery during a wedding, no matter how you spell it, has to be the coolest thing I've ever heard of.
[right][snapback]917487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

she spelled it right. when you are speaking of music canon is the correct spelling. a canon is a type of music where one person starts out, then after a short time another person starts the piece at the beginning while the other person keeps going. we had a book of canons we had to perform out of in aurals class in college.

anyway, i think canon in d is overplayed. i much prefer trumpet voluntary

I just downloaded the Minnesota Twins theme song to my phone. The song is just the right length for a processional.

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Mar 22 2006, 04:30 AM']
anyway, i think canon in d is overplayed.  i much prefer trumpet voluntary
[right][snapback]917596[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:punk:

canon in D is the song we used for my 8th grade passion play when Jesus was taken off teh cross and laid in the tomb. canon in D = :sadder:

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring all the way!! :yahoo:

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:15 AM']You misspelled it...it's "cannon".  But still, artillery during a wedding, no matter how you spell it, has to be the coolest thing I've ever heard of.
[quote name='Andrea348' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:30 AM']
she spelled it right.  when you are speaking of music canon is the correct spelling.  a canon is a type of music where one person starts out, then after a short time another person starts the piece at the beginning while the other person keeps going.  we had a book of canons we had to perform out of in aurals class in college.
[/quote][/quote]

You know, I discovered the most amazing thing yesterday. I took a whole loaf of bread, sat down in my kitchen in front of a small shiny box and slowly fed it into these slots. I pushed down on a lever, and after a minute or so, [i]toast appeared[/i]. It was miraculous. Where did the bread go? I put in the bread, then presto! Toast! [i]It happened every time without fail[/i]. I'm thinking of calling my priest. I've heard of ghosts being able to move objects around, but never being able to completely replace one item with another. You've got to be the smartest person I've met.....what do you think I should do? Thanks!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:34 PM']
[/quote]

You know, I discovered the most amazing thing yesterday. I took a whole loaf of bread, sat down in my kitchen in front of a small shiny box and slowly fed it into these slots. I pushed down on a lever, and after a minute or so, [i]toast appeared[/i]. It was miraculous. Where did the bread go? I put in the bread, then presto! Toast! [i]It happened every time without fail[/i]. I'm thinking of calling my priest. I've heard of ghosts being able to move objects around, but never being able to completely replace one item with another. You've got to be the smartest person I've met.....what do you think I should do? Thanks!
[right][snapback]918086[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

get a life... :lol:

have you moved the little switches up and down that are located on the wall. they do miraculous things as well

prodigalson

I dunno about an entrance hymn but somewhere you should definatly have The Servant Song! not the one that goes: "Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord....." The one that is about the TRUE Love of man and woman. the one that goes like this
"Will you let me be your Servant,
Let Me be as Christ to you,
Pray that I may have the Strength to,
Let you be my Servant, too."
"We are Pilgrims on a Journey,
We are travellers on a road,
We are here to help eachother
Share the Mile and bear the load."
"I will hold the Christ Light for you
In the Night time of your fear,
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear."