Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

prodigalson
Posted

Its true that the church has been weak up here for a while but its coming back in a big way. Especially in the Waterville/ central Maine Area. Fr. Paul Dumais is kicking our parish into High spiritual gear and taking no prisoners! Fr. Paul Labree is doing the same thing in the valley. Fr. Kevin Martin and Fr. Frank Murray and Fr. Dan Grenleaf and the Awesome Franciscans that come once a year for Journey Retreats are doing the same in the south. The Seminarians who are about to be ordained are also hungry for some evangelization and getting their hands dirty- top notch guys who know what it means to be CATHOLIC. Its time for young maine Catholics to stop griping and start acting- Renew the church...Renew Maine! Get some adoration going in your parish, work in the soup kitchen-EXPLORE YOUR OWN VOCATION!! Remember it is our duty to offer our lives to God firstly! We have adoration everyday in Waterville with the Servants of the Blessed Sacrament- I have been starting some ground work for even getting an hour of "Youth" adoration- perhaps a little music or something to bring community among our Young catholics! (P.S. Anyone in the waterville area give me a hint if this interests you because if it works out I dont want it to fall flat on its face!) The Church is in need of good holy people Men AND Women, it may seem like the church is sick and meager but WE are the Remedy!
"MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH NEEDS SAINTS....MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH LOOKS TO YOU WITH GREAT CONFIDENCE" JP II THE GREAT!

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I keep thinking this thread reads "Mariners report here" ... as in the Seattle Mariners. :mellow:

Posted

[quote name='prodigalson' date='Mar 25 2006, 10:56 AM']Its true that the church has been weak up here for a while but its coming back in a big way. Especially in the Waterville/ central Maine Area. Fr. Paul Dumais is kicking our parish into High spiritual gear and taking no prisoners! Fr. Paul Labree is doing the same thing in the valley. Fr. Kevin Martin and Fr. Frank Murray and Fr. Dan Grenleaf and the Awesome Franciscans that come once a year for Journey Retreats are doing the same in the south.  The Seminarians who are about to be ordained are also hungry for some evangelization and getting their hands dirty- top notch guys who know what it means to be CATHOLIC. Its time for young maine Catholics to stop griping and start acting- Renew the church...Renew Maine! Get some adoration going in your parish, work in the soup kitchen-EXPLORE YOUR OWN VOCATION!! Remember it is our duty to offer our lives to God firstly! We have adoration everyday in Waterville with the Servants of the Blessed Sacrament- I have been starting some ground work for even getting an hour of "Youth" adoration- perhaps a little music or something to bring community among our Young catholics! (P.S. Anyone in the waterville area give me a hint if this interests you because if it works out I dont want it to fall flat on its face!) The Church is in need of good holy people Men AND Women, it may seem like the church is sick and meager but WE are the Remedy!
  "MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH NEEDS SAINTS....MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH LOOKS TO YOU WITH GREAT CONFIDENCE" JP II THE GREAT!
[right][snapback]921639[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]I agree! And you're in our Parish!?!?!? Who are ya? :topsy:

Posted

Oh hi!!!! I'm Tessa

prodigalson
Posted

HAHA Tessa Couture? I should've known - I saw Sidney Maine and your family was like the first family that popped into my head- Seriously You guys rock! This is off topic but did you know that your dad and my mom went to UMF together- I love your dad!

heyyoimjohnny
Posted

I love Fr. Kevin! I went to one of his and Fr. Murray's vocational gatherings just last Thursday. He's the man. And I really want to meet Fr. Paul Dumais! Seems like there's quite a few people from his parish on phatmass!

Posted

[quote name='prodigalson' date='Mar 25 2006, 11:19 AM']HAHA Tessa Couture? I should've known - I saw Sidney Maine and your family was like the first family that popped into my head- Seriously You guys rock! This is off topic but did you know that your dad and my mom went to UMF together- I love your dad!
[right][snapback]921675[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Dude! That's awesome!

GuyWithAFoil
Posted

All Mainers are welcome to come to St Bartholomews in Cape Elizebeth on May 21st for ......

CORNERSTONE
playing live!!
:D: not sure what time yet, but it will eventually be posted on www.cornerstonesingers.org

tehe :saint:

GuyWithAFoil
Posted

We are also playing somewhere in cumberland the day before

heyyoimjohnny
Posted

You're such a spammer, Aaron. Sheesh.



lol j/k. I gotta hear you guys play sometime!

Posted

[quote name='GuyWithAFoil' date='Mar 25 2006, 11:49 AM']All Mainers are welcome to come to St Bartholomews in Cape Elizebeth on May 21st for ......

CORNERSTONE
playing live!!
:D:  not sure what time yet, but it will eventually be posted on www.cornerstonesingers.org

tehe :saint:
[right][snapback]921732[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
*makes note to self to keep that day free*

GuyWithAFoil
Posted
:shock: :blush: thats not spam it is a very personal invitation to all mainers
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 25 2006, 09:06 AM']I keep thinking this thread reads "Mariners report here" ... as in the Seattle Mariners. :mellow:
[right][snapback]921656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


My boyfriend lived in Seattle once. :mellow:

Posted (edited)

Three degrees of separation from Maine to Seattle:

Stephen King wrote a book called "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon", named, of course, after Red Sox pitcher Tom Gordon.

[img]http://images.bestwebbuys.com/muze/books/03/0783886403.jpg[/img]

Gordon was teamates with Heathcliff Slocumb during the 1996-1997 season in Boston.

[img]http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/05-98/05-19-98/gordon.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesplayers/slocumb.jpg[/img]

Slocumb was then traded the following year to SEATTLE, for Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek, which you can read about [url="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/levesque/190494_leve13.html"]HERE[/url] (Link).

And that's your three degrees of separation between Maine and Seattle.

Edited by Era Might
Posted

I just made out a library card for someone named Tom Gordon...........

Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date='Mar 25 2006, 11:11 AM']Three degrees of separation from Maine to Seattle:

Stephen King wrote a book called "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon", named, of course, after Red Sox pitcher Tom Gordon.

[img]http://images.bestwebbuys.com/muze/books/03/0783886403.jpg[/img]

Gordon was teamates with Heathcliff Slocumb during the 1996-1997 season in Boston.

[img]http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/05-98/05-19-98/gordon.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesplayers/slocumb.jpg[/img]

Slocumb was then traded the following year to SEATTLE, for Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek, which you can read about [url="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/levesque/190494_leve13.html"]HERE[/url](Link).

And that's your three degrees of separation between Maine and Seattle.
[right][snapback]921799[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:punk:

crazymaine catholic
Posted

bringing out the redsox. right on era might. ;) :D:

Posted

the red sox rock my lyfe!
hehehe

crazymaine catholic
Posted

9 days till opening day down in texas for the sox. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...