An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kneeling During Mass

JudgedByGod

:blush: I haven't been watching the Commonwealth games (mainly as I don't have a TV!!)....but from what I've heard, you guys are doing so well! (like you always do ;) )

Someone once told me that they were unsure what to do when they attended a certain Church where the Parish never kneeled, they didnt want to standout or look pridefull so they started to stay standing when out of nowhere they felt massive hands on there shoulders pushing them to the ground. After that he knew what to do.

I think in Europe the custom for kneeling is that you stand again after the consecration but before the great Amen. Can someone else confirm this? That would probably be where your pastor is getting that norm for kneeling, but since you're in the U.S., it's not correct. I would say you should bring it up with your pastor as charitably as possible and if he does not give a satisfactory reply, write to your bishop.

JudgedByGod

[quote name='morostheos' date='Mar 27 2006, 02:04 PM']I think in Europe the custom for kneeling is that you stand again after the consecration but before the great Amen.  Can someone else confirm this?  That would probably be where your pastor is getting that norm for kneeling, but since you're in the U.S., it's not correct.  I would say you should bring it up with your pastor as charitably as possible and if he does not give a satisfactory reply, write to your bishop.
[right][snapback]923810[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I was in Rome this summer and I don't remember it being this way. I could be mistaken, but I believe they waited until after the Great Amen. The same was true when I went to mass with pilgrims from France at WYD. Could anyone living in Europe help out with this one??