An Old School Catholic Message Board

The 10 Commandments

zealousrap

hmm I definately got mixed up by the commercial....the show isn't until april 11-12 :sadwalk: :shutup: :hehehe: :dunce: :doh: :duh:

Edited by zealousrap

• 2 weeks later...

Let me see here;

[quote]But when Ramses rejects his demands for his personal quest, Moses issues the curse of a coming plague. ...[/quote]
:pinch:

Yep, sounds pretty accurate to me.
:rolleyes:

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Mar 25 2006, 11:45 PM']sorry... not watching it. couldnt take the first one... wont bother with this one.
[right][snapback]922422[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sayid from LOST is on it. He was interviewed today on The View.

Just saw part 1... It wasn't bad. They skipped a few plagues and got a couple out of order, but it was generally well done. I thought parts of the parting of the Red Sea were a little goofy, though. There was actually an image of a mushroom cloud as the sea parted. :rolleyes: The Lord used nukes to open the sea for the Isrealites. Who knew?

[quote name='GuyWithAFoil' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:59 AM']I saw the preview..... I never knew Moses had a British accent :blink:
[right][snapback]923632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
According to Hollywood, all the ancient world spoke with British accents. :P:

yeah they were inaccurate in a lot of things...but that was expected. The scenery was kind of cool. His mom asked if his God would ever let her see him again and Moses gave her the cold shoulder and left without a word :o . They also made it look extra cheesy with the way they showed the seafloor. Shame I will be in New York all day I will miss part 2...and i'm NOT buying the dvd :lol_roll:

Ramases was gay :blink:

...and why was there a nuclear explosion? :blink:

Edited by notardillacid

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Paladin' date='Apr 10 2006, 09:40 PM']Just saw part 1... It wasn't bad.  They skipped a few plagues and got a couple out of order, but it was generally well done.  I thought parts of the parting of the Red Sea were a little goofy, though.  There was actually an image of a mushroom cloud as the sea parted. :rolleyes:  The Lord used nukes to open the sea for the Isrealites.  Who knew?
According to Hollywood, all the ancient world spoke with British accents. :P:
[right][snapback]942938[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
In Hollyweird foreign = British.... :rolleyes:

and yeah, it was funny to see Sayid... Iraqi, Egyptian... whatever...

I only flipped around and saw about two minutes. Must have missed the nuclear attack... (that was the eleventh plague, you know...)

God's Errand Girl

[quote name='GuyWithAFoil' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:59 AM']I saw the preview..... I never knew Moses had a British accent :blink:
[right][snapback]923632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. And I didn't realize that Moses and Prince Henry from the movie "Ever After" were one in the same. :idontknow:

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Who else took a doubletake when Moses told that Egyptian to "pray to their gods" for protection during the plagues?

[quote name='thedude' date='Apr 11 2006, 05:59 PM']Who else took a doubletake when Moses told that Egyptian to "pray to their gods" for protection during the plagues?
[right][snapback]943916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It made sense in context. The Israelites were God's Chosen People, and He favored them alone. For the Jews, having gentiles pray to YHWH would be pointless.

There are also a number of psalms that declare God above all other gods. That implies that the Isrealites accepted that other people prayed to other gods, they just knew they were false.