prose Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 ***writers note: No offense to you at all dUSt, just wanting to point out. I know you are super busy, and that is part of the problem. *** <vent> What is the point? This is my temper tantrum by the way, I will return to happy prose after this post. People like JasJis fully admit they isn't Catholic and he has a Church faithful and militant, and others who are TOTALLY Faithful to the Church don't get them. Just more proof to me that they are just little "club" pictures. If you are popular enough or dUSt likes you enough, you are in. (Although it would be more logical to have the moderators have the ability to give or change the icons) I think we need to change the definitions in the pinned article. [quote]Phatmasser- Everyone starts in this group. The generic default. [/quote] Anyone who dUSt hasn't noticed or introduced to the upper levels of the club, due to the fact no one bothered to nominate them. [quote]Church Faithful- Member must be 100% loyal to the Magisterium. Members who have shown they are fully faithful and Orthodox to ALL church teaching. Recommended by other Church Faithful. Will be tagged with a Vatican flag icon. user posted image [/quote] People who are lucky enough or have posted enough to be nominated by someone else who is in the club. Really, faithfullness is arbitrary. As long as you sort of seem Catholic and people like you, you can get this picture. You also need to have many, many post, because (like stated) faithfullness is arbitrary, you just need to be seen a lot and seem kinda religious. [quote]Church Militant- The requirements of Church Faithful plus a demonstration of Charity when dealing with non-Catholics. Have also shown a willingness and talent to defend Church teachings with Apologetics. Will be tagged with a Vatican flag + cross icon. user posted image [/quote] People who have been lucky enough to be recognized in the first level of the PhatMass Club levels. And they post a lot in the Debate Boards. They may or may not defend the Church, and can be schismatic if they so choose. [quote]Clergy- Proof of ordination. Will be tagged with a Vatican flag + cross + sacred heart + monstrance icon. user posted image [/quote] ACTUAL CLERGY! Woo hoo one true icon!!! [quote]Church Scholar- Usually limited to Clergy and laypeople who have formal theology training. The only group able to answer questions in the Q&A board. Will be tagged with a Vatican flag + cross + sacred heart icon. user posted image [/quote] Not limited to clergy AT ALL. Mostly this group consists of men, with the exception of very few women. Theology training is important to get in here, but even if you are willing to prove it, you really have to hope that you are popular and recognized enough to get this one. dUSt has to REALLY like you. Don't even bother asking for any of these yourself, you will just be tagged as impatient and greedy. Then you DEFINATELY won't get it. You will hear a lot of "patience is a virtue" and "you need to be more humble". Don't worry, stick around enough and you'll be invited into the cool picture clubs. And now I will probably be stripped of my flag, and never, ever get the other icons Dangit I should keep my vents to myself. </vent>
dUSt Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 We need to invent a new complainer tag. Part of the appeal of the phatmass phorum is the fact that it is like a club. If everyone was the same and the little tags didn't matter or as easy to get as simply changing your profile, then we'd be like every other message board on the internet. I want to create cliques. I want to make people work to "get in". Anything else would be boring. Here's some alternatives if you are unhappy with our services: [url="http://www.flyfreeministries.org/forum/"]http://www.flyfreeministries.org/forum/[/url] [url="http://www.moraltruth.com/mtbbs1/"]http://www.moraltruth.com/mtbbs1/[/url] [url="http://forums.catholic.com/"]http://forums.catholic.com/[/url]
jasJis Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 Na-na-na-na-nuh! Tattle tale. Buy a taco, it's politcal capitol.
kateri05 Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 is jasjis really not catholic or is he just goofing around?
jasJis Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 Really, really not. Haven't been for a long time, but couldn't admit it. I feel better now, thanks.
prose Posted March 29, 2006 Author Posted March 29, 2006 I am not unhappy with PhatMass. In fact, I would like to think I help contribute to its success. I just think lets call the tags what they are, and not cover them with titles that represent something that they are not.
jasJis Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 Give it a rest, prose. You're probably afraid of bees too.
Era Might Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 (edited) And if you ever want to talk about what it means to be Catholic or whatever, feel free to hit me up by email or AIM. Edited March 29, 2006 by Era Might
Azriel Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 Just wish you'd remember ... that sometimes the tags fit when they are given ... and people, can and do ... change.
jasJis Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 (edited) Dude, I know what it's like to be Catholic. I've been Catholic longer than most of any two cradle Caths here. I am old. And thanks alot [i]prose[/i]. I see my groups changed. I'll just move you up a few notches in my list... Edited March 29, 2006 by jasJis
Recommended Posts