An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kidman to marry in church

cappie

Kidman to marry in church
By Phillip Koch

April 02, 2006

NICOLE Kidman has been told she would be likely to receive a church annulment of her marriage to Tom Cruise, allowing her to re-marry in the Catholic Church in Sydney later this year.

Kidman's family had already held discussions with a Catholic priest about arrangements for her wedding to country singer Keith Urban, a source confirmed yesterday.

"The date hasn't been set, although June or July have been mentioned as possibilities," the source said.

The golden couple certainly looked very much in love when they were spotted hand-in-hand in Nashville on Wednesday, to the delight of their fans.

They laughed and chatted while shopping in the country music capital - with a romantic Urban even opening the car door for Kidman.

The Catholic Church does not allow divorcees to remarry, but the source said a priest had told family members that Kidman and Urban could still have a church service.

It is believed Kidman has been told it was likely she would be granted an annulment of her marriage to Cruise, a Scientologist, because it did not conform to the requirements of the church.

A spokeswoman for Kidman insisted yesterday she still did not know if Kidman and Urban were officially engaged, describing the report as "nonsense". "I don't know of a date, and I don't know if there's even going to be a wedding," she said.

"I've never been told by Nicole that she is actually engaged. If and when she marries again, I'm sure she will make some sort of announcement."

Urban and Academy Award winner Kidman have been secretly dating for 12 months but publicly confirmed their relationship only last month when they attended the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles together.

Urban recently confirmed on a US radio show that he and Kidman, who doesn't own a residence in the US, now call his Tennessee ranch home.

The couple are said to have been planning a traditional wedding in the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel, at North Sydney, for three months.

Kidman, who commands $20 million-plus per film, will begin shooting The Squid And The Whale with Jack Black and Jennifer Jason Leigh in Long Island this month.

She is due back in Australia later this year to begin working opposite Russell Crowe on Baz Luhrmann's epic Outback.

Ash Wednesday

I didn't know that she and Cruise married in the Church.

Cruise is such a nutter. *twitch* Annulling a marriage to that couch jumper with all his scientology :censored: would seem to be one of the easier ones to obtain.

She seems to be wisening up some. I know she never really could buy into his religion and has spoken very fondly of her Catholic background.

Wait nevermind, got Nicole Kidman confused with Katie Holmes.

Edited by Paladin D

My dentist's daughter's uncle's pet once knew Tom Hank's cousin's sister's uncle's roommate.

Kinda wierd...but it's true.

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 1 2006, 05:28 PM']So did my cousin in laws sisters pet orangutan.  wow, small world.
[right][snapback]932285[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol:

You're funny. I like you. :)

Laurentina1975

[quote name='inDEED' date='Apr 1 2006, 06:31 PM']:lol:

You're funny. I like you. :)
[right][snapback]932301[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My Aunt does know Mrs. Holmes though.