An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clementine Vulgate or New Vulgate?

Resurrexi

Which of the following do you perfer and think is better?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone going to respond? Oh, and by the way, the choice "Protestant Inclusive Bible" was meant to be "Protestant Inclusive Language Bible".

#1 Protestants don't make bibles in Latin

#2 Inclusive Language has never been a latin language problem, because latin has a precise neutral gender

:wacko:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Apr 3 2006, 08:18 PM']#1 Protestants don't make bibles in Latin

#2 Inclusive Language has never been a latin language problem, because latin has a precise neutral gender

:wacko:
[right][snapback]934667[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_pound:

[quote]The Greek is better than both of them.[/quote]

no, the Clementine Vulgate is better than the Greek, Hebrew and all other languages combined! :P:

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 3 2006, 09:34 PM']no, the Clementine Vulgate is better than the Greek, Hebrew and all other languages combined! :P:
[right][snapback]934738[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
How ya figure? :huh:

Brother Adam

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 3 2006, 09:34 PM']no, the Clementine Vulgate is better than the Greek, Hebrew and all other languages combined! :P:
[right][snapback]934738[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

St. Paul?

Yes?

I'm sorry, but the language that the Holy Spirit is guiding you to write the Sacred Writ in is not good enough.

Says who?

A phatmasser.

A who?

--

Moses?

Yes?

Actually, I would consider myself more of a Fisheater than a Phatmasser, but I hold dual citizenship

Brother Adam

[url="http://vulsearch.sourceforge.net/gettext.html"]http://vulsearch.sourceforge.net/gettext.html[/url]

Brother Adam

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 3 2006, 09:45 PM']Actually, I would consider myself more of a Fisheater than a Phatmasser, but I hold dual citizenship
[right][snapback]934755[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

regardless, the Bible was not penned in Latin. Jesus did not speak Latin. The early Church did not say mass in Latin, nor did they pray in Latin. Latin was the vulgar language that the Bible was translated to later on.

Edited by Brother Adam

[quote]regardless, the Bible was not penned in Latin. Jesus did not speak Latin. The early Church did not say mass in Latin, nor did they pray in Latin. Latin was the vulgar language that the Bible was translated to later on.[/quote]

Jesus was/is omnipotent, so of course he knew Latin and may have spoken it to the Roman dudes at during his Passion (as he did in the movie with the same name). The Church had switched to Latin by AD 300. Latin was one of the lauguages by Christ as he died, which sanctified it and made it non-vulgar.

Brother Adam

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:03 PM']Jesus was/is omnipotent, so of course he knew Latin and may have spoken it to the Roman dudes at during his Passion (as he did in the movie with the same name). The Church had switched to Latin by AD 300. Latin was one of the lauguages by Christ as he died, which sanctified it and made it non-vulgar.
[right][snapback]934789[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you know what a KJVO is?

Btw, vulgar means common. You know. Vulgate. :)

And did you see the link I gave you?

Don't say I ain't ever give folks in schism nothing, for those that are.

Edited by Brother Adam

I'm not in schism! I am not an any way, shape or form affiliated with the SSPX. Thnx for the link tho.