An Old School Catholic Message Board

hitler

dairygirl4u2c

If Hitler were alive today and killing at least thousands of people per day, and we were making slow progress in our talks with him but the killing was still occuring, would it be just to engage in war against him?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='styx chyx' date='Apr 5 2006, 08:58 AM']Interesting question.  As far as the possibility of war is concerned, the question would then become who is it 'better' to kill, the people supporting their cause, or the people being victimised?
[right][snapback]936383[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It's not [b]better [/b]to kill either. In one case it is sinful, in the other it is justifiable. Defending those being killed, even if you must yourself kill to do so, is laudable.

From the CCC

[quote]2265 Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for one who is responsible for the lives of others. The defense of the common good requires that an unjust aggressor be rendered unable to cause harm. For this reason, those who legitimately hold authority also have the right to use arms to repel aggressors against the civil community entrusted to their responsibility.[/quote]

• 4 months later...
:shock: What's with the stuff on Uncle Adolf? Of course if he was killing 10thousand people a day we
should do something.
The sad fact is the Nuremberg Trials were a farce.Why do i say that? Because of all the bloodshed in Rwanda,Serbia and Bosnia etc. because of someone's ethnic group or religious affliation,etc.
This stuff keeps going on and noone stops it.I know the US can't police the world.
This sort of thing won't stop until the world ends.
Hitler before the war went and imprisioned ordinary Germans whose political views and other things
went against the Nazi party.He had concentration camps long before the death camps like Auschwitz,Bergen-Belsen,etc.
A my grandmother's first cousin Rheinhold was reported to the Gestapo as being a jew.
They did a family background check and he was of pure "Aryan" blood.
Dispite this fact,he was told by a friend the Gestapo was going to arrest him.He had grandma wire him money and he fled Germany,just a few steps ahead of them.My dad said something about him going to the Rock Island Arsenal and giving them information .Rheinhold would never say what he may have told them,but my dad thought it had to do with artillary guns and such,since he had been and artillary officer as well as a metallurgist and a mechanical engineer.
Many Jews and ordinary Germans left becuase they feared what was going on with Hitler and the Nazis.That's why i don't understand why the concern with Adolf.There has been and always will be men,and yes,even a few women like him in this world.

[quote] They did a family background check and he was of pure "Aryan" blood. [/quote] He was decended from Arian heretics?

Yes.

I'm sure that when Neville Chamberlain waved a bunch of papers and spoke of "peace in our time," he thought he was making slow progress. However, can talking really accomplish much with a party that has no compunction about killing thousands of people per day?

Guest Bro Wood

Since thousands of unborn babies are killed everyday, could we not apply the same logic towards abortion clinics or Planned Parenthood?

6 million Jews dead and 50+ million babies aborted (and counting). Where's the real Holocaust?

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Bro Wood' post='1045397' date='Aug 17 2006, 12:16 PM']
Since thousands of unborn babies are killed everyday, could we not apply the same logic towards abortion clinics or Planned Parenthood?

6 million Jews dead and 50+ million babies aborted (and counting). Where's the real Holocaust?
[/quote]
hmmm... good question
The Jewish Holocaust was a result of a very evil ideology joined with an evil military campaign
The abortion holocaust is a result of a very evil ideology joined with an evil political activist campaign

we answer a military strike for what it is - a military war

we answer a political strike for what it is - a political war... and we take the battle to the editorial pages of the newspapers, rallies at clinics, various media, and most importantly AT THE VOTING BOOTH

· It is a major folly to confuse these two types of conflicts:
I have a huge problem with people who give militant answers to political wars (i.e. bombing abortion clinics) – and people who politicize military wars (i.e. the current war against Islamic Fascists and the American leftist politicos)