An Old School Catholic Message Board

IMAGO DEI - FR. STAN FORTUNA

MikeZakYm

The site didn't post any of the details.

Check out what my friends at Our Lady of Victory Parish in Chicago are doing for Vocations on Sunday - May 7th. World Day of Prayer for Vocations.

[url="http://www.hereiamlord.blogspot.com"]HIAL Web Blog[/url]

Fr. stan is AWSOME!!!! i met him once and even took a pic with him, and i even got him to sign a CD that he made!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Apr 7 2006, 09:20 AM']Fr. stan is AWSOME!!!! i met him once and even took a pic with him, and i even got him to sign a CD that he made!!!!
[right][snapback]938921[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OMGosh. . .that's . .. :shock: He's a priest, not a rock star! Poor Fr. Stan. I wonder if he's mortified when people ask for his autograph.

douknostcecilia

I spent some time w/Fr. Stan this past March at the Divine Mercy Conference. One would think that in the hecticness of his schedule that he would have little time for "socializing" or even giving personal help, especially at a conference as large as it was, but I had personal time with him that definitely showed me what a kind, humble, and loving man he really is. While he was prepping for a talk, I told him I needed some advice, and he looked at me and upon realizing that I was Br. Agostino's spiritual daughter, he replied, "You don't mind sitting on the floor, do you?" and took off his backpack and guitar, and sat down on the floor, and just let me let it all out. Just like that. In the middle of his busy schedule, he knew I needed help, and he did exactly that. He ministered...

Aside from the music, aside from the preaching, aside from being the amazing guy he is on all of his videos, cds, and tv shows... Fr. Stan rocks. On a whole other level!!

[this is all aside from my 'spiritual daughter of a cfr friar' bias] :sweat:

That's wonderful that you are a spiritual daughter of a CFR friar. I just finished a book called When God Asks for an Undivided Heart, by Fr Apostoli, CFR. I've been on retreat with him before. . .great talks!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 7 2006, 10:23 AM']OMGosh. . .that's . .. :shock:  He's a priest, not a rock star!  Poor Fr. Stan.  I wonder if he's mortified when people ask for his autograph.
[right][snapback]938924[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He was really funny about signing the CD for me...it was one of his cd's that he had just made, about JPII with RB!!!! The CD is Fr. Stan's teaching about JPII which includes a rap song dedicated to JPII!!!! When i asked Fr Stan for hsi autograph...he said sure...when he was signing the cd for me......he says..."to nicole, all for Jesus. love Fr. Stan" I was so happy and i love the CD soooo much!!!! i even got my pic taken with him. he is so awesome in person!!!!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

If it wasn't for Fr. Stan Fortuna, i WOULD NOT in a million years ever even think of being a priest.

SHALOM

OK, you cannot just say a whopper like that and then walk away! Would you care to share a little more with us? This is me begging :pray:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 8 2006, 09:57 AM']OK, you cannot just say a whopper like that and then walk away!  Would you care to share a little more with us?  This is me begging  :pray:
[right][snapback]940024[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Five or six years ago, i was sitting around aimlessly with my friend Steve and his girlfriend Maria. They were both a couple years younger than i. Steve asked me if i ever thought of being a priest. Steve, someone who probably is not called, and for the good, you know, but was involved at church and all. Maria was in the choir at Mass.

And i said no. It was not an embarrased no. I had no trouble or anomisity toward priests, or celibacy, or anything like that. In fact, there was no inner repulsion in me toward religious life. And nieither did i have some deep intent to get married. In fact, my only inclination toward marriage was to not die alone. But was not adamant about marriage.

I knew that i wanted to use my gifts of hip hop for the glory of God. So i said, if i am a priest, they will not let me rap. So there. I was no fighting the idea of a vocation, i was not scared of the idea, i had was just pretty certain of what God wanted me to do. And knew that i could not do both.

So Steve Says. Fr. Stan, he raps.

And there you have it, a couple years later i am an augustinian postulant.

SHALOM

Fr Mark. . .the rapping priest! Hmmm I like that! :D: (unless you take a religious name. . .then, we'll have to call you something else entirely.)

very :cool:

God works in mysterious ways, indeed.

Your sister in Christ,
Denise

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 8 2006, 03:11 PM']Fr Mark. . .the rapping priest!  Hmmm I like that!  :D: (unless you take a religious name. . .then, we'll have to call you something else entirely.)

very :cool:

God works in mysterious ways, indeed. 

Your sister in Christ,
Denise
[right][snapback]940266[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I always had the rap name IMaGiNaZUN, and gained a rep in the local hip hop scene under that alias. I don't see why i would forfeit that, especially since some of my pagan rapper friends still want to rap with me.

I should have done a link.

Denise, you can hear my raps on www.soundclick.com/imaginazun

Be warned, my music is very strange, and very very weird indeed. If you listen to hip hop, it probably sounds like nothing you ever heard of.

SHALOM

There is no one particular genre of music I like. Music runs in my family. My uncle used to manage 2 different rock bands in the 70s. Then he owned a record store. My father had 1000s of albums when I was growing up, so I never grew bored of music. I learned cello, some piano and some flute. Then, I sang for years. My brothers both play viola, with one also playing piano, trumpet, etc. . .he's getting his degree in music. I am picky about what I like, but I don't exclude any genre.

I went to your site. . . .

Some of my favs are Drops of Chrism (I really like that one), Radialization, Internal Objects.. . Equivoque was wild, but I liked that as well (I'm a Chicane fan). I also liked Source of the Echo. I'd have to say that Hidden Hands wasn't my favorite. And the best for last? Farewell Forsaken. In fact, I'm listening to it again, right now :cool:

Thank you for sharing your songs with me!

Pax,
D.