An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW VIDEO posted on SeekHoliness.com

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

Another good video posted on the SeekHoliness.com website:

[url="http://www.seekholiness.com/html/main_video.htm"]"God or the Girl" from A&E[/url]

Interesting video...I like some of the pictures, but I think it's a weird dichotomy for A&E to be drawing...if you're called to marriage, aren't you being called to God AND the girl??

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Yeah...

I think that the opening with the different people was kinda cheesy... you know the part where they introduce you to the people and display their name... I know, I know... I'm probably being picky...

I kinda liked all the pretty statues though :)

Guest phatdaddy
:idontknow: I don't know what to think about the video. At first I did not think it complimentary because it is only partly true. There's so much more that could have been said besides God = no sex and Girl = sex. I think Magnificat got it right. I think it is a diservice to the church but I may just be over-reacting (I do that on occasion :yahoo: )
Mr. Ray

I read a review about this show a while ago. Apparently the producers were a little. . .I can't remember the words they used, but 'leery' maybe and didn't have all that much respect for those who were considering the priesthood, but after they filmed the show? They had totally changed their hearts. So, while I haven't a clue about the show, or how it will turn out, and won't get to see it, I do know those in charge of making the show had the utmost respect for the priesthood when they were done with the show.

srmarymichael

I just thought it was cool because they are showing real young men that are thinking about being a priest. There are so many who feel like they are the only ones!!!

The part I didn't like was how they put it up against the girls. They don't understand that if we are called to a Religious Vocation, God gives us a special grace to have [b]intimacy with Him[/b]! that far supasses "a girl" (or a man in my case)....

MC IMaGiNaZUN

the review i read said the name was to get peoples attention.

Consumers and viewers are fickle and superficial. You can get good ratings when you appeal to the lowest appetites of your audience. The sad fact.

With all the rejection, hatred, misunderstanding, and foolish ignorance i have had to put up with in the last five years when i first had this sacred desire for holy orders, i would wish that some people who fit that category might begin to understand what i go through.

But i cannot come to a conclusion about the show until i watch it.

-the original title was Holy Journey, but A&E insisted the title be changed.
-the four men though understand that the decision is between priesthood and marriage and not God or the girl.
-it is a very good show. i have seen four of the five episodes and i am actually the mentor to Dan. the show does not truly understand the whole process of discernment, but it is not so much about discernment as it is about the four men moving through the process.
-i would recommend watching it.

[quote name='frjeff' date='Apr 8 2006, 11:23 AM']-the four men though understand that the decision is between priesthood and marriage and not God or the girl.
... the show does not truly understand the whole process of discernment, but it is not so much about discernment as it is about the four men moving through the process.
[right][snapback]940048[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm totally sure that they get the difference...the above comment I made was more of annoyance at whoever came up with the title. I would imagine it would be hard for A&E to figure out what to do with it :pinch:

I don't have cable so unless some other channel picks it up later, I won't see it....

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 8 2006, 11:27 AM']I don't have cable so unless some other channel picks it up later, I won't see it....
[right][snapback]940098[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Or the DVD. TV comes out on DVD all the time now.

SHALOM

srmarymichael

[quote name='frjeff' date='Apr 8 2006, 11:23 AM']-the original title was Holy Journey, but A&E insisted the title be changed.
-the four men though understand that the decision is between priesthood and marriage and not God or the girl.
-it is a very good show.  i have seen four of the five episodes and i am actually the mentor to Dan.  the show does not truly understand the whole process of discernment, but it is not so much about discernment as it is about the four men moving through the process.
-i would recommend watching it.
[right][snapback]940048[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

When is it on?

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Easter Sunday, at 9 pm here in California. Check your local TX listings. But it does premier on Easter Sunday.

SHALOM

I agree... I don't like the implications of the title... but it does look like it will be tasteful, better than alot of things on T. V. and interesting.

Fides_et_Ratio

The title was set forth by A&E, not the producers. They want the show to get attention... so the title is intentionally misleading.

But the guys (and I know Dan as well) have been good about pointing out the fault of the title... both are good and valid ways to live out love of Christ... either through marriage, or through the priesthood.

It should be a good show as I know Dan's a holy guy.