An Old School Catholic Message Board

Application is in & interviews have begun!

DeoOptimoMaximo

DeoOptimoMaximo

God's blessings to all!

May Christ's sacrifice on this Good Friday remain in your hearts and echo through your discernment journies!

My application is finished and I just completed my intensive interview with the Glenmary Vocation Director, Fr. Steve Pawelk during my Holy Week retreat in KY.

Prior to this I was on a mission placement to NW Alabama for 5 1/2 weeks, serving others!

Next week, my medical tests, comittee interviews and psychological tests are scheduled at Glenmary HQ in Cincinnati, OH.

If accepted, I would either attend the pre-novitiate in KY or the aspirancy program at the Pontifical College Josephinum to finish college studies in August. :priest:

My Blog, deooptimomaximo06.blogspot.com, tells more about my Glenmary journey. (Also, www.glenmary.org)

Know that u, my Phamily, are in my prayers! Please keep me in yours! :pray:

Lord, give me the courage to follow the call of the Father, for my Spirit is ready but the flesh is weak! Oh, Little Flower, be with all of us pursuing a religious vocation and help us to remember that the closer we approach to God, the simpler we become!

Your Brother (in Christ),
Shawn

Shawn, As I have mentioned before, you are always in my prayers. I prayed for you last night during the Passion service. :sign:

If you wind up going to Josephinum, many of the seminarians there are quite fond of the PCPA and come for a visit (LOL I've seen the pics). I'd love to meet you, if you choose to go there. To see who I've been praying about. ;)

God bless you during this time, which is surely stressful, but exciting all the same.

Your sister in our merciful Jesus,
Denise

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Apr 15 2006, 12:31 PM']are there young priests w/ the Glenmarys...?
[right][snapback]947984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Going of their website [b][url="http://www.glenmary.org/vocations/meet_a_student.htm"]it appears so.[/url] [/b]But I'll defer to Shawn for a definite answer. :)

DeoOptimoMaximo

Thanks for the support ya'll!

The youngest priest is probably in his late 30's or around 40, but there are 4-5 men in their 20's in Glenmary's pre-novitiate including 3 from Africa, and about 5 men from their late 20's -40's in the novitiate for both brotherhood and priesthood. So Glenmary will be becoming a younger group soon!

DeoOptimoMaximo

Well, I've just completed 3 of my interviews so far, with the President (Superior) of Glenmary, the formation committee chairman, and the vocation director. I also finished most of my medical tests!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I'll meet with the pre-novitiate director and then take the first of 2 days worth of psychological tests.

Please keep me in your prayers!

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' post='954085' date='Apr 19 2006, 01:37 PM']
Well, I've just completed 3 of my interviews so far, with the President (Superior) of Glenmary, the formation committee chairman, and the vocation director. I also finished most of my medical tests!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I'll meet with the pre-novitiate director and then take the first of 2 days worth of psychological tests.

Please keep me in your prayers!
[/quote]
We've had at least one, if not two, threads about the psychological testing... it's long, but not traumatizing.

Prayers for you, and we all look forward to hearing an update. :)

DeoOptimoMaximo

God's blessings upon all!

I've just completed the 1st 1/2 of my psychological tests (finished the written and computer section)! Glad to have that over!

Thanks for all the support!!!!

DeoOptimoMaximo

All medical & psychological tests along with my interviews have all been completed....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By mid-May, I should know about my acceptance!

Visited St. Meinrad yesterday, where Glenmarians will go for Theology.

Hope all is well!!!! God bless!