An Old School Catholic Message Board

The official welcome to the faith thread!

OLAM Dad

Amanda :saint: , SanctifyMe :saint:, & Scott :saint:.

:welcome: to the Church. We're honored to have you as one of us. I'm very happy for each of you and hope you find the joy and consolation available to you through the sacraments.

:clap: :flowers:

We look forward to hearing about your first Masses as Catholics.

Edited by OLAM Dad

srmarymichael

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Apr 15 2006, 07:11 AM']Amanda :saint:  , SanctifyMe :saint:, & Scott :saint:.

:welcome: to the Church.  We're honored to have you as one of us.  I'm very happy for each of you and hope you find the joy and consolation available to you through the sacraments.

:clap:   :flowers:

We look forward to hearing about your first Masses as Catholics.
[right][snapback]947557[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ditto! Yea! :lol_roll: Awesome! :D: Incredible! :clap:

The Sacraments are SO awesome. I hope you experience the JOY and PEACE and LOVE that comes from God alone! (don't be afraid to embrace the cross too).

GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS!!! :saint:

Edited by srmarymichael

I am so excited to be able to, in prayer, tonight, welcome the 3 of you into the Faith. Tonight at our Vigil Mass, I will be :cry: when I think of you, as I see all those in my own parish be accepted into our Holy Church.

You are an inspiration for anyone who experiences tepidity.

Live in His grace and love. . .

Be holy.

God bless you! :flowers: :applause:

Yours in Christ,

Denise

+

Congratulations! This is fantastic news! :bigclap:

It was four years ago today that I, too, entered the fullness of the faith. If I may share a few thoughts in the hopes of encouraging...

I remember truly thinking I would surely die of ecstasy :hehehe: after receiving our Lord in the Eucharist for the first time, realizing that He is the culmination of all my true needs and desires :love: . When I didn't, I was slightly surprised. In fact, there was no immediate "earth shattering" experience detectable. However, I noticed over the next several months especially, how God intensely grew me in holiness through the reception of his body and blood, and I daresay He has been doing so ever since! SO GLAD that you will be sharing in this strength and sanctification!

So full of joy for and with you on this most blessed of occassions! ~ C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

:flowers:

:welcome: to the three of you. I held you in prayer tonight when I went to Easter Vigil. I know everyone would love it if you shared part of the experience with us here! :D:

Congratulations!! :clap: :welcome:

You were all in my prayers tonight. I am so happy for you. I can tell you that the journey is just beginning.

AlterDominicus
:yawn: Morning guys!!! :lol: Yes I only slept 8 hours after I got home, I got home at midnight, and stayed up until 1 opening confirmation gifts.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Did it occur to you, I'm CATHOLIC!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overwhelmed with I mean everything you can think of.

:yawn:

I'm speechless. Really. :topsy:

LouisvilleFan

Some of my relatives (I have an aunt, uncle, and a bunch of cousins who are all Catholic) asked me if I was nervous about Easter Vigil, but I felt like that was the easy part. I've been looking forward to Reconciliation more than anything, just to finally be cleansed of all this sin, but for the same reason I was also pretty nervous about it. The three candidates in my RCIA class had Reconciliation Saturday morning. It had to be hilarious watching us! One lady had to use the restroom, leaving me and the other guy, so I told him, "I don't have to be anywhere right away, so you can go first if you want." And he said, "Oh, me neither.... you go first!" The lady came back from the restroom and we're still out there, so finally I went in there and got it over with. :lol:

I didn't have any overwhelming feeling of God's presence, but I just went home and spent time in prayer, reading Scripture, and in silence pondering the work God does through the Church and His priests. This really is the beginning of a journey... or rather one of the most important steps in a longer journey.

[color=purple]I am touched by the everyones well wishes and prayers.

Thank you for starting this thread in our honor!

I am still overwhelmed as well......., and elated and exhausted.

I am really catholic~

what an awesome feeling...

i will write about our vigil....in a little while, once i've had some time to reflect....thank you all so much...[/color]

AlterDominicus

[quote name='SanctifyMe' date='Apr 16 2006, 03:52 PM'][color=purple]
I am still overwhelmed as well......., and elated and exhausted.

I am really catholic~ 
what an awesome feeling...
i will write about our vigil....in a little while, once i've had some time to reflect....thank you all so much...[/color]
[right][snapback]949250[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Overwhelmed and exhausted, I agree with!!!!!! Man o man. The readings were the slowest part :lol_pound: My mouth hurts, I smiled 99.9% of the time :lol_pound:

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' date='Apr 15 2006, 08:47 AM']From one convert to all of you:
:bigclap:

Welcome my brother and sisters!

Mary-Kathryn
[right][snapback]947561[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen!

That is SO wonderful! Welcome and may God Bless you and love you!! Your' all in my prayers, we love you,
In Christ,
Lori