An Old School Catholic Message Board

Society of Our Lady of the Cloister

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi All. I just came across this website for the [url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/index.html"]Society of Our Lady of the Cloister[/url]. I thought it looked fishy at first, but then I read THE ENTIRE WEBSITE and it looks... well... interesting. I just wanted to see if anyone had heard of this or what they thought. This lady that first thought of the society had ideas for a whole bunch of new communities.
The communities are all Ecclesia Dei Traditionalists, which are approved by Rome.

Lilllabettt

"Gemma" who came up with the idea, is a great lady. When I was discerning the cloister, she sent me a big envelope chock full of vocation literature from cloisters all around the country . She runs a lively vocations discernment group on yahoo.

be_thou_my_vision

I just discovered this yesterday, and it looked too good to be true! I have been looking for a cloistered discernment group...

Thanks!

be_thou_my_vision

Oh my! You're Gemma!

I think what you are doing is wonderful. Thank you so much for this. Many prayers for you and your ministry.

Assistance? Well... Lilllabettt said that you sent her a big envelope of literature from all over the country... Can I have one?

Jenny

:welcome: Hi Gemma! I'm the one who wrote to you a month or so ago about the info of the PCPA on your site. God bless you for your work on your own site and for joining those here at Phatmass!

Yours in Christ,

Denise

Welcome Gemma! Thanks for sharing your insights! I'm sure it'll be very helpful to have a different knowledge/perspective on cloisters!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I hadn't joined Phatmass because I thought discerners would say, "Oh, golly, she's over here now, too!"

But then my site started getting hits from a particular Phatmass thread, and I had to act. Doubt on the part of the other person is what spurred me to join Yahoo, too.

Blessings,
Gemma

• 8 years later...

Does anyone know whatever became of the Society of Our Lady of the Cloister, run by Gemma? The posts above are from 2006 & now its 2014 & I can't find this website. Any information would be helpful. Thanks. PS: The hyperlink in the 1st post on this page (also from 2006) links to a website that is NOT the one I originally saw in 2006.

Edited by Virgo903

Rather than stirring up this topic again -- I'd rather close this thread and the posts posted after the post that resurrected this 8 year old thread have been hidden from view.

I am doing this really out of respect to all those involved.