An Old School Catholic Message Board

Denise's (PCPA2Be) Pictures are UP!

SisterAli

photosynthesis

these are absolutely stunning.

"That leave-taking is every nun's dearest fligt to God -- and every family's. Nothing, not all the little casual family jokes and gallantries can soften it. It is the proof of love. And somewhere, before or after the goodbye, there is the journey -- ten minutes, perhaps in a car; overnight in a train; across the continent in a plane. Whatever the distance, it is the journey out of the world into another. It is the longest journey this side of death, which any soul can take. The longest but the dearest, because it is the journey to God."

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='photosynthesis' post='961743' date='Apr 26 2006, 11:46 AM']
these are absolutely stunning.

"That leave-taking is every nun's dearest fligt to God -- and every family's. Nothing, not all the little casual family jokes and gallantries can soften it. It is the proof of love. And somewhere, before or after the goodbye, there is the journey -- ten minutes, perhaps in a car; overnight in a train; across the continent in a plane. Whatever the distance, it is the journey out of the world into another. It is the longest journey this side of death, which any soul can take. The longest but the dearest, because it is the journey to God."
[/quote]

Wow, what a lovely quote. I have to admit I felt a small bit of this when I got married. Leaving my father and mother and all that :blush:

[quote name='TheresaMF' post='961011' date='Apr 25 2006, 09:41 PM']
[i]Beautiful[/i]! Yes, it makes me want to enter Marbury RIGHT NOW--why wait, why wait? O Jesus, to be with You all day long!!

What a beautiful grace, a beautiful life. Yes.
[/quote]

:shock: MARBURY NEEDS YOU!!!

Blessings,
Gemma

puellapaschalis

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='961567' date='Apr 26 2006, 04:50 PM']I emailed the monastery at 4:30 yesterday pestering them for the photos. At 5:30 I received the following reply.
[/quote]

Hang on, that's not how the rhyme goes. It's like this:

Patience is a virtue
have it if you can
seldom in a woman
and never in a man. :P:

PP