An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is cuddling with a guy a sin?

Guest Catholic Person

Guest Catholic Person

hi, is cuddling with a person whome you barely know a sin?.. it's nothing else... just cuddling..

also is it a sin to think about a certain person all the time during the day?... sometimes I feel like it's bad because I don't have God on my mind first...

thanks

Theoketos

[quote name='Catholic Person' post='964391' date='Apr 28 2006, 03:02 PM']
hi, is cuddling with a person whome you barely know a sin?.. it's nothing else... just cuddling..

also is it a sin to think about a certain person all the time during the day?... sometimes I feel like it's bad because I don't have God on my mind first...
thanks
[/quote]

It depends, but I am weary at the outset because you have to ask.

I think that your question should be heavily qualified. I mean, what exactly is cudling?

Two examples...

Laying down together on a bed in a closed room, is stupid and an occasion of sin, if not sinful, unless you are married. At best it doing so would show ignorance on the ability of a man to become aroused and the biological bound created by touch in woman.

However...

Sitting next to each other at a pick-nick with his arm around you with a group of people watching fire works is awesome. Holding hands is great! Sitting with each other at mass is holy time tripled!

Secondly the culpability depends largely on the intent. Know your intent and his. If you are not sure why you are doing this, be honest and question it.

Gaurd your heart.

If you spend alot of time together, let it be doing healthy things, like prayer and service work. Sitting around all day can lead to sloth.

You need to ask several questions;

What would your dad say if he were to walk into the room right then? Would you enjoy telling Christ about what you are doing and thinking? Am I doing this because it is the right thing to do to lead to a healthy relationship or am I doing this just because it feels good?