An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stupid nightmares

homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom

I had this horrible dream that my son was killed along with some other children in a fire (or something-- that part wasn't too clear).... But the aftermath of his "death" was really sad. I hate nightmares like that. :sadder: I'd rather be chased by monsters or the KGB or whatever. This was way too real...

He's sleeping next door so I can't even go check on him... :weep:

Brother Adam

I hate nightmares. It is often an indication of too much stress in my life.

MissScripture

They also tend to leave that unsettled feeling, even when you know that it wasn't real.

...or maybe that's just with me...

homeschoolmom

I think it was partly triggered by my not really saying, "Goodnight" to my son last night. He's slept away before-- no biggie. He was playing outside and my daughter came in and went to bed, but my son didn't go in until his friend did. And I didn't "double check" to make sure he got in okay. I mean, I know he did, but I didn't see it.... So, I must have been a little unsettled...

Brother Adam

I picked up the sleeper my mom(grandma) bought us and thought "omg there is going to be a baby in this in 6 months. That's just not right. I'm the baby!

[img]http://www.thalia.science.ru.nl/funpage/television/dinosaurs/welcome/pics/babydino.gif[/img]

homeschoolmom

Yeah, but in my dream the fire wasn't next door... and there were more children involved. It was just sad. I was living in "next year" without him-- no more funny stories, no first communion, no more homeschooling him, no more deep (to a seven year old) conversations... :sadwalk: I was really glad to see him wander in this morning.

littleflower+JMJ

usually when its nightmares like that they just seem so real.....some more than others, something definitely to dislike. I usually blame it on any movies I've seen beforehand.

the remedy is some holy water and prayers for the rest of the night comfort!!

Laudate_Dominum

dreams can be freaky.. I don't think I've ever had that bad of a dream though.. The worst dream I"ve had lately was that I was morbidly obese but everyone was lying to me and pretending that I wasn't.. that was a crazy dream. :hehehe:

homeschoolmom

No chance of that! Serious-- no way! I wouldn't lie to you. It's the truth.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch in front of the TV. About a half hour later I felt the presence of someone to my right but I could not move to see who it was. I was then being pushed down in the couch and I started to ask Jesus to help me out and I was shortly awakened out of it. I was not sure if it was a dream or what but it has happened to me a few times as of lately.