An Old School Catholic Message Board

MTV's TRUE LIFE features discerning young lady...

douknostcecilia

douknostcecilia

The other night while at my friends house watching MTV, on a TRUE LIFE episide titled "I Don't Fit In" spotlighted a young lady in southern California discerning a religious vocation. Though it wasn't a very long episode, I still found it interesting. I was still quite intrigued that MTV would have it on there.

[url="http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/truelife/episode.jhtml?episodeID=98396"]MTV True Life[/url]

Did anyone else catch this episode?

Oooooh hooray for MTV. It's interesting she was featured on a show titled "I Don't Fit In".......... Kinda makes me wish I still had cable. Well, only kinda.

Check out some pictures online: [b][url="http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/truelife/series.jhtml"]True Life: I don't fit in[/url][/b]

Edited by shortnun

I did see that show, some posiitive things can be said about TV, ok just a couple positives! It was well done,explained the gals struggles and portrayed it in a very sensitive way. I have to say she was very pretty, very involved with her friends, had many possessions, but still felt a peresistent call to leave all and follow Him. I just wonder how her search is going! Thanks for bringing that show up, hope others will be able to see it when it is next on.

From those pictures, she actually looks pretty normal! I can see where they could get the "I Don't Fit In" part, though. It's not normal for a 21 year old to break up with her boyfriend, quite school, and take a job in a doctor's office to join religious life.

douknostcecilia

Yeah, it was definitely done in a sensitive way. I must say that her struggles were some that I've dealt with/am dealing with, so it was definitely great seeing that. She was definitely persistent in staying true to herself and her Lord, and really persevered to rid all of the partying out of her life. A self-instituted 6pm curfew? Intense...

I'm not exactly sure where she is, but at the end of the show it said that she had found a convent to enter. I wish I knew more, though.

Guest Rick777

[quote name='uruviel' post='981836' date='May 15 2006, 05:23 PM']
hm, I think I saw that in the info and turned it on. I only saw part of it though. It was ok.
[/quote]

Dude the same thing happened to me except when I read the info I saw that it was almost over so I just started watching EWTN.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Gosh, i missed out. I was about to shut down when my friend imed me to go on.

I just saw the pictures, and noticed one of the sisters in the pictures. Sister Laurence, i know her personally, she was at the high school at my home parish. Shes a real sweet wonderful lady.

SHALOM

[quote name='shortnun' post='981472' date='May 15 2006, 12:20 PM']
Oooooh hooray for MTV. It's interesting she was featured on a show titled "I Don't Fit In".......... Kinda makes me wish I still had cable. Well, only kinda.

Check out some pictures online: [b][url="http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/truelife/series.jhtml"]True Life: I don't fit in[/url][/b]
[/quote]

In the pics I noticed that the religious Sister didn't seem too happy about the camera crew being around...thats just my thought!!!

However I wished I even watched MTV, that would have been interesting to see!!!

lightofelendil

yea, i saw some of the episode. i agree, i was very suprized MTV had her on the show. I thought it was pretty good tho, the girl they chose was very Catholic it seemed, and was very serious. I kinda liked it.

Berchmans525

Did she enter the convent?

-Chris

[quote name='lightofelendil' post='982746' date='May 16 2006, 02:55 PM']
yea, i saw some of the episode. i agree, i was very suprized MTV had her on the show. I thought it was pretty good tho, the girl they chose was very Catholic it seemed, and was very serious. I kinda liked it.
[/quote]

brandelynmarie

[quote name='douknostcecilia' post='981611' date='May 15 2006, 03:01 PM']
Yeah, it was definitely done in a sensitive way. I must say that her struggles were some that I've dealt with/am dealing with, so it was definitely great seeing that. She was definitely persistent in staying true to herself and her Lord, and really persevered to rid all of the partying out of her life. A self-instituted 6pm curfew? Intense...

I'm not exactly sure where she is, but at the end of the show it said that she had found a convent to enter. I wish I knew more, though.
[/quote]

We should pray for her... :sign: