An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN 25th Anniversary

Marieteresa

Marieteresa

I am just wondering are any of you guys going to the finale? I know its Aug 12-13 in Birmingham, AL
[url="http://www.ewtn25.com/birmingham.asp"]http://www.ewtn25.com/birmingham.asp[/url] . Oh yeah I forgot to mention Rev. Mother Angelica will be there in person! I don't know about you guys but I would love to met her! Anyway, Iam just wondering because I will be heading up that way around that time.

JMJ

Edited by Marieteresa

I clicked on the link and then the St. Louis link, where I found a picture of the Sisters I work with (well worked with because two were transferred)!

[img]http://xc0.xanga.com/21da03724223058405841/z39150294.jpg[/img]

Ooooh, could you post the link to the St. Louis pictures, please? I didn't go b/c it was the weekend one of my profs was getting ordained.

jen are you going to the finale in birmingham?? jw i doubt I'll be there.

I dont pay attend on what goes on with EWTN too much, i hardly have time to watch TV anymore.

Nope. I will be in St. Louis still. I have daycamp until the 14th, and I want to see my friend, Alyssa, in her habit and call her by her religious name on the 15th before we leave.

magnificat

[quote name='jgirl' post='997946' date='Jun 5 2006, 09:15 PM']
Nope. I will be in St. Louis still. I have daycamp until the 14th, and I want to see my friend, Alyssa, in her habit and call her by her religious name on the 15th before we leave.
[/quote]
Oooh! I forgot about that! What month do they enter the novitiate??

Anyway, back on topic...I heard positive things about it when it was in St. Louis...apparently communion took 25 min on Sunday though.... :huh:

[quote name='jgirl' post='997946' date='Jun 5 2006, 09:15 PM']
[/quote]

NAW!!!!! I wish i could go see the FSGM Sisters before I left. I have soooo mant to thank!!!! I'll miss them but they will always have a special place in my heart!!! So, you're leaving on the 15th??? I assume you are driving down!!!! I'll talk more about this later.

The schedule on the website says the event ends at around noon. Since that's the time I'd be leaving the monastery, I don't think I would be able to come! It sounds like fun--lots of Catholics celebrating the gift EWTN has been to spread God's Word. I think once I leave the monastery, though, I'll be thankful for the many-hour drive home to transition from that environment to home again. I hope everyone who does goes has an amazing time, though!