jiyoung Posted June 17, 2006 Posted June 17, 2006 You heard me (or read me). I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and go. Who else is gonna be there? Any advice about what I should bring? (I'm a California girl and I have no concept of dressing for winter.) Any other advice? heh...I'm excited and scared.
the 13th papist Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 hey yo, im already there, ill be a sophmore. bring... warm cloths for the winter, your love of christ, and a willingness for for fun. send me a message if you have any questions. God bless
Christie_M Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 [color="blue"] A friend of mine will be going there this fall. I should let her know some good ppl are there. [/color]
phatcatholic Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 i'm a grad student there holla if u need anything.
the_rev Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 I might be there in the fall of 2007. I'm considering FUS and UST. FUS is cheaper but five more hours away, UST is more expensive but is 5 hours away. Also both have the "pre proffesional" program that I'm interested in transfering into if I feel called. UST has a college seminary; FUS has a pre-theologate.
homeschoolmom Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 Bring your parka, snowshoes, long underwear... Just kidding.
the 13th papist Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 dudes and dudettes, my whole heart is in steubenville, i cant wait to go back
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 Did you get in for the Fall? I'll be there and StColette will be.
jiyoung Posted June 18, 2006 Author Posted June 18, 2006 I was in for last fall but I pushed it back to this fall. I'd been thinking about staying here in CA for another year, but I really don't think I can take it anymore. I'm glad I'm gonna be able to meet more Phatmass types though ...I don't own any parkas or snowshoes or long underwear It never gets so cold here that I'd need too much more than a regular sweatshirt.
Joey1976 Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 I wish i would have had my conversion in high school so i would have heard about and wanted to go to Franciscan. Instead i want to a pagan Bowling Green State University. I love Franciscan. It is the most amazing place i have ever been to.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 18, 2006 Posted June 18, 2006 [quote name='jiyoung' post='1007794' date='Jun 18 2006, 04:40 PM'] I was in for last fall but I pushed it back to this fall. I'd been thinking about staying here in CA for another year, but I really don't think I can take it anymore. I'm glad I'm gonna be able to meet more Phatmass types though ...I don't own any parkas or snowshoes or long underwear It never gets so cold here that I'd need too much more than a regular sweatshirt. [/quote] I'd just make sure you have a room...they have more girls than guys, so they're careful about taking more girls. If not, try at least to get Trinity East...then I'll be your RA! :
littleflower+JMJ Posted June 19, 2006 Posted June 19, 2006 while i dont think i'll ever attend FUS, I would like to at least visit the place one time. You know...to see what all the hype is about : lol j/k
missionseeker Posted June 19, 2006 Posted June 19, 2006 Not I. I thought about it but I didn't score high enough on the ACT the first time I took it( i HATE tests- they freak me out) to apply. I was going to take it again but I got offered the other and was like "I am so NOT taking it again" i'm happy here and have the oppurtunity to do something most people don't get and i'm not paying $30 to freak myself out.
jiyoung Posted June 19, 2006 Author Posted June 19, 2006 Haha, I'm great with standardized testing, it's homework that I'm horrible at. My high school teachers told me that college would be great for me, heh... Micah, you got RA? I thought you hadn't last I checked--congrats! But isn't Trinity East mostly for nursing students? (And isn't it far off campus or something?)
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 19, 2006 Posted June 19, 2006 [quote name='jiyoung' post='1008052' date='Jun 19 2006, 02:34 AM'] Haha, I'm great with standardized testing, it's homework that I'm horrible at. My high school teachers told me that college would be great for me, heh... Micah, you got RA? I thought you hadn't last I checked--congrats! But isn't Trinity East mostly for nursing students? (And isn't it far off campus or something?) [/quote] Yes, Trinity East is a nursing school which Franciscan arranged to use as a "temporary" solution to the housing problem. It's about a 7 minute drive from campus, but there are hourly shuttles. I'll also be the only RA, and there will be a Residence Coordinator above me...so I'm not entirely sure how it'll work, but I'm looking forward to it. As for an earlier post about the spiritual life on campus, it must be stated that there is a Ruthenian parish one town over, just across the river in West Virginia.
phatcatholic Posted June 19, 2006 Posted June 19, 2006 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1007945' date='Jun 18 2006, 10:00 PM'] Not I. I thought about it but I didn't score high enough on the ACT the first time I took it( i HATE tests- they freak me out) to apply. I was going to take it again but I got offered the other and was like "I am so NOT taking it again" i'm happy here and have the oppurtunity to do something most people don't get and i'm not paying $30 to freak myself out. [/quote] what school do u go to now?
jiyoung Posted June 19, 2006 Author Posted June 19, 2006 I'll do it if you'll drive me around Heh, jk...I think last year when I put in my housing stuff I asked for Clare or Tommy More, but I guess we'll see about that, because I've heard it's rather hard to get into Clare.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now