An Old School Catholic Message Board

Company Logos

Didacus

OK, well to be honest I've never seen this attributed to St. Joan by any reputable source ... and really I don't know where I picked it up from, but I love it and like to think it was her who said it.

"I know this now. Every man gives his life for what he believes. Every woman gives her life for what she believes. Sometimes people believe in little or nothing yet they give their lives to that little or nothing. One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. And then it is gone. But to sacrifice what you are and live without belief -- that's more terrible than dying."

[quote name='Sojourner' post='1013155' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:10 PM']

"I know this now. Every man gives his life for what he believes. Every woman gives her life for what she believes. Sometimes people believe in little or nothing yet they give their lives to that little or nothing. One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. And then it is gone. But to sacrifice what you are and live without belief -- that's more terrible than dying."
[/quote]

-Joey Tribiani

Season 4 of "Friends" The Thanksgiving episode"

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1013157' date='Jun 27 2006, 02:14 PM']
-Joey Tribiani

Season 4 of "Friends" The Thanksgiving episode"
[/quote]
:blush:

Oops.

Well, it's still inspiring.

Sort of.

Joey seems to an intelligent and wise man.

I've seen friends a few times but can't say I can quote anything.
(I'll stick with what I remember of the Simpsons;

"Save me Jebus, save me!"
Homer Simpson

I must've missed that episode ... :sadder:

But I can just hear his voice ... it gets more inspiring the more I think about it.

You mean like those little microscopic one-celled organisms? Phoebe sounds like the perfect name.

[quote name='Sojourner' post='1013173' date='Jun 27 2006, 11:47 AM']
I must've missed that episode ... :sadder:
But I can just hear his voice ... it gets more inspiring the more I think about it.
[/quote]

The real question is 'How did you manage to get that quote mixed up with Joan of Arc'?

[quote name='Sojourner' post='1013176' date='Jun 27 2006, 11:48 AM']
You mean like those little microscopic one-celled organisms? Phoebe sounds like the perfect name.
[/quote]

Yes, I have over a million of 'em (no joke). So do you even if you don't realize it.

I don't know ... I must just be a little slow sometimes. And St. Joan is really great, and so was the quote, so I must have just connected the two because they're both really great.

[quote name='Sojourner' post='1013185' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:01 PM']
Peanut butter is pretty great.

Especially when coupled with chocolate.
[/quote]

Maybe I should use that combination for my company logo?
:rolleyes:

(just trying to get on subject here)
:saint:

If you had a logo made of peanut butter and chocolate, I would definitely patronize you. Definitely. Even if I didn't actually need any engineering services.

:drool: