An Old School Catholic Message Board

chistians for gay marriage castigate church

cmotherofpirl

There's a long waiting list for adopting babies. There's no want of heterosexual couples willing to adopt.

[quote]Last week, ECUSA’s House of Deputies voted overwhelmingly to refuse to consider a resolution that affirmed Jesus Christ as the "only name by which any person may be saved."[/quote]
:ninja: :idontknow: :blink: :annoyed: :pinch: :ohno: :shock: :unsure: :wacko: :weep: :sadder: :o >:( <_< :(

frozencell

Maybe it's just me, but this article was the biggest waste of my time so far today. Complete nonsense. What a waste of paper and ink. And valuable internet space. Ha ha ha...

Anyhow...

[quote]mainline Christian denominations[/quote]

AKA religions of convenience...

[quote]“religious freedom”.[/quote]

No such thing. Religion is not free and the term is routinely taken out of the original context.

[quote]The group consists of clergy from the American Baptist, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Quaker (or Society of Friends), Southern Baptist and United Methodist denominations.[/quote]

Hmmm... This is the first I've heard out those silly Quakers in quite some time.... Those crazy Quakers....

[quote]"We respect your right to practice your faith according to your laws.”[/quote]

By this we mean that we don't respect your religion or its beliefs and practices and will attack it every chance we get.

[quote]“By proclaiming homosexuality and same-sex unions to be universally immoral and worthy of second-class status under state law, you are sending a message that our faith communities are immoral. You are harming us and our families and your own faithful as well. Thousands of Roman Catholics have signed our Roman Catholic Statement in support of marriage equality. They have signed out of their pain and their love and concern for the Church.”[/quote]

Since when was not receiving preferential treatment being considered a "second-class" citizen?!

[quote]The largest group in the Coalition is from the Unitarian Universalist church – a non-Christian organization – followed by the Episcopalians.[/quote]

Hmmm...both reputable religions grounded in thousands of years of teaching and tradition based on the original apostles and teachings of Christ himself. I can't believe I didn't see this before.

i would just like to ask one question if people dont mind... what is so loving about shoving a 7 or so inch object up someones anus and continually assulting it until it wont close for several hours? that part has always got me. and the whole biological argument? whats up with that? if they are right and it is biological then it should still be illegale, from a secular stand point if it is biological then that means mother nature dont like us no more and she wants us gone because honey... men and men or women and women dont make babies you need a man and a woman.