An Old School Catholic Message Board

check this out: group for LC/RC Recovery

jkaands

the link is:

[mod] inappropriate link --phatcatholic[/mod]

[color="#FF0000"]please note the following guideline [emphasis mine]:[/color][list][b]Catholic vs Catholic Debate[/b]
A post or comment that results in doctrinal debates that might cause scandal among the faithful. *Effective immediately, any negative criticism [i][b]of religious[/b][/i] or the current Magisterium will result in deletion, and a warning from the moderators. This includes but is not limited to criticism of the Novus Ordo mass and/or our Holy Father.
[/list]

Edited by phatcatholic

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I'm not affiliated with RC or LC but the site looks a little tabloidish. It has links to stuff like "Opus Dei Awareness Network" and SNAP...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='thedude' post='1014535' date='Jun 29 2006, 09:59 AM']
I'm not affiliated with RC or LC but the site looks a little tabloidish. It has links to stuff like "Opus Dei Awareness Network" and SNAP...
[/quote]

Well, I'm glad that some people were able to access the link before it was deleted!

Anyone interested in this topic can easily access sites thru Google,

and...

decide for yourselves!

i googled it, sorry but the site is really worthless. i know about the LC because it is a toss up between them or the Franciscans that i want to join in the religious life. one of my brothers also went to an LC school

[quote] Catholic vs Catholic Debate

A post or comment that results in doctrinal debates that might cause scandal among the faithful. *Effective immediately, any negative criticism of religious or the current Magisterium will result in deletion, and a warning from the moderators. [/quote]

Wow.

There goes Matthew 23, I guess I have to remove it NOW from my NAB bible, huh?

Thanks for warning me that it is against Jesus's and Paul's instructions to check, verify, and compare the religious leadership of our day.

You know, I was terribly confused about all that, thinking that was what we were told to do, but now, thanks to the enlightened "developed doctrine" of NO EXAMINATION, I can sleep soundly at night knowing that the men in charge, just will ALWAYS do the right thing, and they will NEVER EVER need careful oversight from the laity.

Thank you greatly for furthering my religious edjumakashun, I learned som'tn new, and will henceforth always endeavor to "submit with docility" to whatever comes down from on high.

Guest JeffCR07

Eutychus, no one is telling you not to think for yourself, and no one is telling you that you are wrong concerning the Legion (though I, personally, think you are, and my opinion is based on actual experience with them). Rather, it is one of the rules of the phorum that Catholic vs. Catholic Debate is not allowed. This phorum has been created for a purpose, and that purpose does not include spreading dissention among Catholics.

Moreover, this does not even mean that we refuse to discuss things like the LC. It simply means that we discuss them in a certain way. Rather than simply posting a link that is accusational in nature, try phrasing your post in the form of a question, like:

"Hi everyone, I came across a website that is, ostensibly, for people who have been hurt by the Legion and the movement Regnum Christi, I was wondering what you all know about them, and your thoughts. Thanks a lot!"

This kind of a post would not get edited by a moderator. God Bless!

Your Brother In Christ,

Jeff

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1020442' date='Jul 9 2006, 06:53 AM']
Wow.

There goes Matthew 23, I guess I have to remove it NOW from my NAB bible, huh?

Thanks for warning me that it is against Jesus's and Paul's instructions to check, verify, and compare the religious leadership of our day.

You know, I was terribly confused about all that, thinking that was what we were told to do, but now, thanks to the enlightened "developed doctrine" of NO EXAMINATION, I can sleep soundly at night knowing that the men in charge, just will ALWAYS do the right thing, and they will NEVER EVER need careful oversight from the laity.

Thank you greatly for furthering my religious edjumakashun, I learned som'tn new, and will henceforth always endeavor to "submit with docility" to whatever comes down from on high.
[/quote]
Matt 23 need not be removed at all. i am one of a questioning nature and question even the motives of our Holy Father, not out of disrespect but out of respect. it is our responsiblity to hold our leaders responsible. you can find posts on here where Catholics voice their concern about something the magisterium has done. it is in the way you say it that makes the difference. being Catholic is not like being protestant, you are either going to be Catholic or not, you are either going to submit to the magisterium or not. concern is one thing dissent is another. concern does not mean dissent.

there are three ways to approach what someone might view as a concern.
1) dissent. taking an anti stance in which case you are against something.
2)"Blind Faith" or what i more commonly call ignorance. for example if the pope tried to make an ex cathadra statement that said "2+2=5" and someone said 'the pope is right' they would not be a good Catholic only an ignorant one.
3) the Catholic approach, gather information seek input and decide according to the information you have but always keep in mind more and better information may come later. for example in the above example a Catholic might say "perhaps i misunderstood his Holiness" then the Catholic would go pray for him.

here is the difference as Catholics we need to judge but not be judgmental.