An Old School Catholic Message Board

HPV Vaccine

Tufsoles

[size=1][color="FF6699"]Well, if they are going to be giving it to 12 year olds, they must think that 12 are having sex and by releasing this why would they stop?
If they have a vaccine for some STD you can get, then have sex.
I think thats the message that is kinda being thrown out there.

STUPID PEOPLE!!

What happened to the world anyways?
[/color][/size]

I think it's sensible. It's like 13 year old girls being vaccinated for rubella in case they become pregnant; no-one's encouraging them to get pregnant, but it protects them in the future. What if a girl is raped? Also, there is a (very rare) possibility that HPV can be transmitted through non-sexual contact.

[size=1][color="FF6699"]Yes it is a nice saftey precaution, but it is something we should not need.
It some cases it cant be helped, but in the majority people should practice more self control
[/color][/size]

missionseeker

[quote name='XIX' post='1015436' date='Jun 30 2006, 09:17 PM']
Yeah I'm not against it.

Assuming the vaccination is safe.
Assuming the side effect are made well-known.
Assuming it's NOT abortifacient!!!

That's a lot to assume, especially the last one. But if I can get those guaranteed, I highly doubt that having a vaccination against an STD is going to cause more sexual activity. We shouldn't be saving sex for marriage based on fear of an STD, but on fear of the Lord, and respect for our future spouses. And that should be our reason for encouraging others to embrace chastity.
[/quote]

^
That's why "the silver ring thing" no longer gets tax money.

avemaria40

I'm not against the vaccine, HPV can be spread through non-sexual contact and it's always good to be protected.

The thing that makes me sad is that if people were more encouraged to wait instead of to "do what feels good" this vaccine would be a non-issue

Dreamweaver

There's also the issue of a number of other STDs that can and will be passed on through premarital sex.

I hope that people read this.

I think that as long as the vaccine is safe for them they should get it. HPV is a virus. Viruses can mutate to become stronger. They can mutate to find different ways of entering another host. Maybe someday the way to get HPV will be through water droplets.

Now there is the argument that kids will start having sex before marriage thinking that everything is ok. HOWEVER! Why do they need to know what this is for? When I got my vaccines I was told it would keep me healthy. Why cannot parents say, "This vaccine is to keep you safe from harmful diseases."? Then they can still teach them abstinence and such.

This is my view on the subject.
Meg

homeschoolmom

Kids are already getting a jillion shots all at once. When my son got his last set of shots (at like two, I think) they gave him FIVE SHOTS! and some of the shots are for more than one thing (Like MMR). That's a LOT of stuff to shoot into a person at once. Why can't they get this vaccine at 18? What's the big rush?

frozencell

Ya know...it's funny how moral dilemmas evaporate when you just do what you're supposed to in the first place.

Edited by frozencell

MissScripture

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1016661' date='Jul 3 2006, 11:01 AM']
Kids are already getting a jillion shots all at once. When my son got his last set of shots (at like two, I think) they gave him FIVE SHOTS! and some of the shots are for more than one thing (Like MMR). That's a LOT of stuff to shoot into a person at once. Why can't they get this vaccine at 18? What's the big rush?
[/quote]
Not to mention that the vaccine needs to be re-given every 5 years, so if they got it at 12, they'd need it at 17 again, ANYWAY!

EcceNovaFacioOmni

On a related note - make sure your vaccines were not made with tissue from aborted fetuses. Check here for a list and ethical alternatives:
[url="http://www.cogforlife.org/fetalvaccines.htm"]http://www.cogforlife.org/fetalvaccines.htm[/url]

let_go_let_God

I've wondered about this vaccine a bit, however, it is for a virus. Viruses change and alter for the conditions. If this vaccine works as it's supposed to, the viruses can change to reinfect the area and even effect the area worse. This vaccine may prevent diseases but in the long run, who says that it will actuall work? All in all I have very mixed feelings about this. Also this should not be given to 12 year olds.

God bless-
LGLG

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1015028' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:29 PM']
Next time you let them stick that needle into your childs body remember that the WHO, in several countries, was giving females abortifacients and sterilizers in their vaccines without their consent or knowledge. So who really knows what is in a vaccine? :drool: :woot:
[/quote]

Document, please, your allegation that WHO gave abortifacients and sterilizers in vaccines w/o their consent.

In this country, there are social groups who start having sex at age 9.

Re parental permission, parents are often the last to know about their children's sexual habits.

In order for it to take affect, I heard, it needs to be given at the early adolesence stage (like 9-12).

BUT again I say, why does the kid need to know what they are for? HSmom, does your son know what those last five shots were for? If he is like me then he doesn't. I mean now I know what they were for.

And what about the Hepatitis series? Did you know that Hepatitis C is contracted by blood and sexual contact? Yet we get the vaccine for this as well.

Meg