TridentineMotoX Posted June 30, 2006 Posted June 30, 2006 (edited) Just wondering if anybod does any kind of work out regularly. My favorite is weight training. My goal is to bench 300lbs. I dunno if I'll make it Edited June 30, 2006 by TridentineMotoX
missionseeker Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 I've been in DC for 5 days and I have to walk a lot and my pants are too big now. I just bought them.
TridentineMotoX Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1015324' date='Jun 30 2006, 07:24 PM'] Is typing on threads a work out? [/quote] No but it causes Carpultunel (spl?)
Pontifite 7 of 10 Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='TridentineMotoX' post='1015327' date='Jun 30 2006, 08:28 PM'] No but it causes Carpultunel (spl?) [/quote] Whats "Carpultunel"?
TridentineMotoX Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1015329' date='Jun 30 2006, 07:30 PM'] Whats "Carpultunel"? [/quote] It is when somthing happends to your hands, I'm not sure exactly what. I guess it's like tendinitis or somthing. Apparently your hands start to hurt all the time. You get it from to much typing, or a new cause is to much text measageing on your little cell phone. Pretty much anything that requires your hands to be kinda bunched up while your are doing it. That's just what I know from a few ppl I know that had it. My physical therapists were talking about it too.
heavenseeker Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='TridentineMotoX' post='1015271' date='Jun 30 2006, 05:16 PM'] Just wondering if anybod does any kind of work out regularly. My favorite is weight training. My goal is to bench 300lbs. I dunno if I'll make it [/quote] i dont have a work out plan but i do cary and move heavy stuff at my job a lot of the time.
TridentineMotoX Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 (edited) [quote name='heavenseeker' post='1015398' date='Jun 30 2006, 08:57 PM'] i dont have a work out plan but i do cary and move heavy stuff at my job a lot of the time. [/quote] I stuck to a shecual once a long time ago, I was just to young I guess to be very hard on myself. I started back up about 4 months ago, after I had a couple of surgeries, and have been pretty strict with it. It helps alot with my job too, we have to flip and carry alot of metal. I've been having trouble with my back though, I'm trying to find somthing to help that I won't end up hurting myself with. Edited July 1, 2006 by TridentineMotoX
Ky06 Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 [color="FF3399"]I don't normally.. I really should tho. I'm starting college in 2 months and I really don't want to gain weight. I'm SCARED!!! lol [/color]
indescribable Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 about that... i was going to lose 5 pounds this summer. but i don't think that's going to happen.
missionseeker Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 yesterday i walked so much that when i took off my shoes, my socks were covered in blood. I didn't know I'd hurt my toes that much..
avemaria40 Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 I walk a mile almost every day and i try to do strength training at least 3 times a week, usually push ups, situps, lunges, etc. I did a huge leg work out yesterday and now my right leg is sore, lol.
TridentineMotoX Posted July 3, 2006 Author Posted July 3, 2006 [quote name='indescribable' post='1016182' date='Jul 2 2006, 09:09 AM'] about that... i was going to lose 5 pounds this summer. but i don't think that's going to happen. [/quote] LOL, I vary that much between meals
uruviel Posted July 3, 2006 Posted July 3, 2006 haha. welllll I wouldn't call it 'lifting weights' but yes, I lift weights once a day, try to everyday at least. I have no idea how much I can bench press... pshhh. anyways, I do allot of 'outside' mostly bike riding, running, well, I don't run a whole lot, for long distances. And I love playing sports, just being active and getting out there ya know?
jenna311 Posted July 3, 2006 Posted July 3, 2006 [quote name='Ky06' post='1015942' date='Jul 1 2006, 05:52 PM'] [color="FF3399"]I don't normally.. I really should tho. I'm starting college in 2 months and I really don't want to gain weight. I'm SCARED!!! lol [/color] [/quote] me too! my parents keep warning me about the "freshman 15 [20, 30, insert your favorite weight here.]" so i'm attempting to exercise this summer so i get in the habit. usually though, i lose interest in a few weeks, but hopefully this time i can actually keep at it.
Guest Rick777 Posted July 4, 2006 Posted July 4, 2006 I was doing the Body for Life thing and it was working out good but then for some reason I stopped. I can't really remember why but I just did. I usually stay active enough during the day, I've never been overweight so thats not an issue. Usually I'll make a program or follow one like the Body for Life thing but then I get disinterested and quit, gradually.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 Ok, first of all, I work at the Y, so I get a free membership. Second of all, what's so wrong with gaining muscle? There are so many reasons why one should work out... I just recently joint the "Lazyman Triatholan" where I have to run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles and swim 2.5 miles in a month. I am excited for it. It will give me something to accomplish. Besides, gaining musicle helps you burn fat...it's a win win.
TridentineMotoX Posted July 9, 2006 Author Posted July 9, 2006 (edited) [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1018942' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:20 PM'] Ok, first of all, I work at the Y, so I get a free membership. Second of all, what's so wrong with gaining muscle? There are so many reasons why one should work out... I just recently joint the "Lazyman Triatholan" where I have to run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles and swim 2.5 miles in a month. I am excited for it. It will give me something to accomplish. Besides, gaining musicle helps you burn fat...it's a win win. [/quote] Kewl, I've never done any of that stuff. I don't like running, and I think the ppl riding there bikes on the side of the road all the time are crazy Swiming is fun tho! Edited July 9, 2006 by TridentineMotoX
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now