Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 Okay folks, I'm looking for a catechesis to type. I just want to do it because I'm getting excited about catechesis. So, someone suggest a topic. Anyone?
jswranch Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='Raphael' post='1015708' date='Jul 1 2006, 09:00 AM'] Okay folks, I'm looking for a catechesis to type. I just want to do it because I'm getting excited about catechesis. So, someone suggest a topic. Anyone? [/quote] Have you typed any before?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='jswranch' post='1015732' date='Jul 1 2006, 12:23 PM'] Have you typed any before? [/quote] Yes. I'm a catechetics student. It's what we do.
Anthony Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='Raphael' post='1015708' date='Jul 1 2006, 10:00 AM'] Okay folks, I'm looking for a catechesis to type. I just want to do it because I'm getting excited about catechesis. So, someone suggest a topic. Anyone? [/quote] the priesthood of the faithful.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1015772' date='Jul 1 2006, 01:55 PM'] How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? [/quote] ROFL, the mathematical answer is neither 0 nor infinite, but Ø.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='Anthony' post='1015771' date='Jul 1 2006, 01:54 PM'] the priesthood of the faithful. [/quote] It's a possibility...any other suggestions?
jswranch Posted July 1, 2006 Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='Raphael' post='1015762' date='Jul 1 2006, 11:24 AM'] Yes. I'm a catechetics student. It's what we do. [/quote] Yes, thank you. What have you written on in the past so we do not suggest a topic on which you have written.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 1, 2006 Author Posted July 1, 2006 [quote name='jswranch' post='1015820' date='Jul 1 2006, 03:56 PM'] Yes, thank you. What have you written on in the past so we do not suggest a topic on which you have written. [/quote] I wrote one which is published in the directory on the apostolic mark of the Church.
Ziggamafu Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 If you're looking for a more theological / apologetics topic, skip this. Otherwise, if you're willing to do some exhaustive research and brilliant analysis of a complex topic in moral theology and ethics, then check out this link: [url="http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/apologia/vpost?id=1215908"]The Godfather goes to Confession![/url] On the topic of apologetics, my advice would be to write on the infallibility of the Church - but not from a Bible-based angle. Instead, attempt to prove infallibility to a secularist or dissident Catholic reader - these don't believe in the infallibility of the Bible or the Church to begin with. I've actually had Protestants decide (after I explained the logical inconsistency of believing in an infallible Bible without an infallible Church) that if the Bible's infallibility depends on the Church's infallibility, then neither must be infallible. So, what then? How is infallibility proven by logic? You could bring a lot into an essay like that - and it would probably be very effective! Good luck and God bless!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 the seven deadly sins? the last things? TOTB?
Era Might Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 The Eucharistic transignification of Hip Hop according to the disputation of Thomas Aquinas.
missionseeker Posted July 2, 2006 Posted July 2, 2006 How we know about the Nine Choirs of Angels. How DO we know about all of them? Some are in the bible i know but were'd the rest come from?
journeyman Posted July 3, 2006 Posted July 3, 2006 This is probably more eccesiology - The image of the Church as the Body of Christ - I was talking chatting about that with a classmate and he was having a real issue with "the good, the bad and the ugly" being part of the same body.
scardella Posted July 3, 2006 Posted July 3, 2006 Some thoughts: Jesus' roles as Priest, Prophet and King Mary as Gebirah (queen mother) Intercession of the saints Need for confession Priests in persona Christi
Fulton Sheen Warrior Posted July 3, 2006 Posted July 3, 2006 +JMJ+ The Eucharist and it's necessity to sustain the life of the Church.
phatcatholic Posted July 3, 2006 Posted July 3, 2006 how about the levels of heaven, how some souls receive a greater reward than others
Jaime Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' post='1016758' date='Jul 3 2006, 02:47 PM'] how about the levels of heaven, how some souls receive a greater reward than others [/quote] oooooh I like that one!!
phatcatholic Posted July 12, 2006 Posted July 12, 2006 micah...............did u decide on a subject?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now