An Old School Catholic Message Board

read this

Domine ut Videam

Slave_of_the_Trinity

[quote name='passionheart' post='1019796' date='Jul 8 2006, 07:01 AM']
Hon, refresh our memories. With Whom have been accepted? :idontknow:
[/quote]

Oh, yeah, whoops! I'm entering the Sisters of St. John the Baptist in Germany. :) 24 days until i leave!

[quote name='Slave_of_the_Trinity' post='1019817' date='Jul 8 2006, 08:45 AM']

Oh, yeah, whoops! I'm entering the Sisters of St. John the Baptist in Germany. :) 24 days until i leave! [/quote]

herzlichen glueckwuensche [url="java script:emoticon("][img]style_emoticons/default/D.gif[/img][/url]

Domine ut Videam

I found it [url="http://www.boston-catholic-journal.com/letter_to_a_cloistered_nun.htm"][i][b]HERE[/b][/i][/url]........it was written by a Poor Clare. :)

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Slave_of_the_Trinity

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1019860' date='Jul 8 2006, 10:39 AM']
herzlichen glueckwuensche [url="java script:emoticon("][img]style_emoticons/default/D.gif[/img][/url]
[/quote]

wow wo hast du duetch gelernt? :idontknow: my spelling may be off aber alles gut! Vielen dank! :D:

in other words where did you learn german?

[quote name='Slave_of_the_Trinity' post='1019882' date='Jul 8 2006, 11:35 AM']

wow wo hast du duetch gelernt? :idontknow: my spelling may be off aber alles gut! Vielen dank! :D:

in other words where did you learn german? [/quote]

meine grosseltern kommen aus bayern und als kind habe ich mit meiner familie gesprochen. jetzt studiere ich deutsch im uni. ich glaub es wird meine zweite hauptfache sein. aber ich muss grammatik ueben

back on topic...the letter is absolutely lovely...

let_go_let_God

It's beautiful. It makes me think even deeper about my vocation to the married life. Thanks for posting this

God bless-
LGLG

Slave_of_the_Trinity

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1019900' date='Jul 8 2006, 12:03 PM']
meine grosseltern kommen aus bayern und als kind habe ich mit meiner familie gesprochen. jetzt studiere ich deutsch im uni. ich glaub es wird meine zweite hauptfache sein. aber ich muss grammatik ueben

back on topic...the letter is absolutely lovely...
[/quote]

tat great that you still speak the language of your grandparents. :clap:

teenybeenybuck

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1017176' date='Jul 4 2006, 03:11 PM']
Dunette,

Glad to see ya stranger. And i'm glad that this touched you. I know that it moved me sooo much. I felt as though God was the author.......who knows maybe He was. And the religious life is a gift; keep praying and try and find a sd. I'll be praying for you. If God is indeed calling you He is not cheating you at all.......but giving you more happiness than you can ever imagine.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

P.S. I plan to make this into a professional looking power point vocational movie-type thing.....with the words and pictures. I'll post it when i am done. But it's going to be a few months. The funny thing is that i could like already see it in my head as i read it.....so it seems as though God has planted this seed of an idea in my mind. :huh:
[/quote]

Lauren, thanks so much. It's been days since I've been on here. I appologize for taking so long to get back to you. I know you're right...that God wont cheat me. Sometimes I feel so differently though. Usually it's because my will does not coincide with His. And when our desires clash...sometimes I feel that He's taking away something I want, rather than being grateful and happy that He's giving me something I need.

I asked my priest to be my spiritual director...and he agreed! I haven't gotten started yet, though. I asked Him right before he had to leave this parish (He got asigned to a different one).. and so it's a little longer drive. I know I really need a sp. I look up to this priest so much... and I had a really really really hard time a few weeks ago when I realized he was leaving. I really hope that this helps my spiritual growth, because I definitely need some guidance.

well, I'm heading to Mass pretty soon here. Thank you again for posting this... it really is great!

~Dunette
:)Smile! u know u want 2!!!

• 1 month later...

this letter is AMAZING
i have been having a reallly hard time with a possible vocation to the religious life
THANKS LAUREN this letter really helped
Chatbox

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1019867' date='Jul 8 2006, 08:55 AM']
I found it [url="http://www.boston-catholic-journal.com/letter_to_a_cloistered_nun.htm"][i][b]HERE[/b][/i][/url]........it was written by a Poor Clare. :)

-Yours in Christ
Lauren
[/quote]

I'm glad i was able to share something of help..... :blush: