Guest amazingcoat Posted July 5, 2006 Posted July 5, 2006 Does anyone out there know if Karol Wojtyla's doctoral dissertation, ""The Problems of Faith in the Works of St. John of the Cross" has been translated into English and available to be purchased? A Google search yielded nothing. Thanks.
memory-singer Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [quote name='amazingcoat' post='1017335' date='Jul 4 2006, 09:59 PM'] Does anyone out there know if Karol Wojtyla's doctoral dissertation, ""The Problems of Faith in the Works of St. John of the Cross" has been translated into English and available to be purchased? A Google search yielded nothing. Thanks. [/quote] I suggest contacting the folks at ICS (Institute for Carmelite Studies.) They probably know. Pax, Dare
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 Ignatius Press had it in print ages ago. I remember having an old copy of the Ignatius Press edition. You might try the various used book sites. I just found a copy of it here: [url="http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=y7yl,oZZ0O9r0to5qQ.4r4,96n4_0786111218_2:42:127"]http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st...111218_2:42:127[/url] [url="http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=739207168"]http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=739207168[/url] but they want $228.00 for it. It looks like the last time Ignatius had it in print was 1981. I'm really surprised actually.
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted July 8, 2006 Posted July 8, 2006 I am really suprised this is not online somewhere.
p0lar_bear Posted July 8, 2006 Posted July 8, 2006 Random Fact: He actually didn't publish it when he wrote it...which is why he never technically graduated
phatcatholic Posted July 10, 2006 Posted July 10, 2006 [quote name='p0lar_bear' post='1019808' date='Jul 8 2006, 06:57 AM'] Random Fact: He actually didn't publish it when he wrote it...which is why he never technically graduated [/quote] for real? haha! note to all the college drop-outs: there's hope for you yet
p0lar_bear Posted July 10, 2006 Posted July 10, 2006 He actually got teased for it when he received an honorary doctorate from the Ang. several years ago. One of my professors told us the story
Fides_et_Ratio Posted July 11, 2006 Posted July 11, 2006 I remember hearing that story from a priest friend of mine currently studying at the Angelicum. I was shocked when I first heard it! I wonder if we petitioned for Ignatius Press to reprint it...
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 11, 2006 Posted July 11, 2006 woot! one more awesome person to add to my list of role models. wait, he's already on the list.. but now he's also on the list of drop out role models! woooot!
phatcatholic Posted July 12, 2006 Posted July 12, 2006 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1021552' date='Jul 11 2006, 06:16 AM'] woot! one more awesome person to add to my list of role models. wait, he's already on the list.. but now he's also on the list of drop out role models! woooot! [/quote] haha, i figured you in particular would enjoy that story! :
Birgitta Noel Posted July 13, 2006 Posted July 13, 2006 FYI: ISBNs are as follows: 0898700108 0898700081 (pbk.) Our library has two copies. I'd suspect other libraries will have it as well.
Fides_et_Ratio Posted July 13, 2006 Posted July 13, 2006 grazie for the ISBNs!! (the paperback didn't work for me... it kept coming up with nothing). I wonder if the library would let me buy the book from them...
Birgitta Noel Posted July 13, 2006 Posted July 13, 2006 [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' post='1023700' date='Jul 13 2006, 12:58 PM'] grazie for the ISBNs!! (the paperback didn't work for me... it kept coming up with nothing). I wonder if the library would let me buy the book from them... [/quote] Somehow I doubt they'd let you buy it, but there's no reason you couldn't check it out and make yourself a copy! PS. Don't know if the pbk one is wrong, got it from the lib website. Let us know if you find another...
Didacus Posted July 13, 2006 Posted July 13, 2006 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1021552' date='Jul 11 2006, 04:16 AM'] woot! one more awesome person to add to my list of role models. wait, he's already on the list.. but now he's also on the list of drop out role models! woooot! [/quote] I wonder just how many role models can be made with JP the Great! He either breaks every mold, or fits into everyone in a way or other. Forever my papa!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now