An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's congratulate our new novice,

brendan1104

brendan1104

[img]http://www.viarosa.com/VR/OurLadyMercy/OL_Mercy_Ransom_02.gif[/img]
Our Lady of Mercy, Patroness and Mother of Mercedarians

Earlier today (July 7th, First Friday) our fellow PM'er, dspen2005, received the Mercedarian Habit and began his novitiate with the name, Br David Michael, O.de.M. Brother's patrons are St. John the Evangelist, the Apostle of the Sacred Heart, and St. Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament.

Brother David Michael's formation will take place at Mercygrove (Le Roy, NY), the U.S. headquarters for the Order and it's about an hour away from where I live. I hope to come see you soon, Brother!

Let's offer our congratulations and prayers to Brother David Michael, O.de.M!

:bigclap: Congratulations Brother David Michael! May you allways stay under Our Lady of Mercy's loving mantle. I will have a Mass said for you and the success of your novitiate, along with many other prayers.

Edited by brendan1104

This is GREAT news! Congrats Brother David Michael on your investiture. :applause:

Pax,

Michael

thank you to you all.... unfortunately, brendan i am only allowed visitors from my family... sorry to burst your bubble.

and those visits are extremely restrictive.... as in 2 times this year, and only if my novice master sees that it is appropriate for me

brendan1104

[quote name='dspen2005' post='1021603' date='Jul 11 2006, 09:35 AM']
thank you to you all.... unfortunately, brendan i am only allowed visitors from my family... sorry to burst your bubble.

and those visits are extremely restrictive.... as in 2 times this year, and only if my novice master sees that it is appropriate for me
[/quote]

who ever would have thought the mercedarians were so strict? see you at temporary profession, then.

Guest JeffCR07

congrats brother! That is wonderful news, God Bless you!

With heartfelt prayers,
Your Brother In Christ,

Jeff

Edited by JeffCR07

[quote name='dspen2005' post='1021603' date='Jul 11 2006, 06:35 AM']

[/quote]

Wow... is that just during novitiate? But you will be allowed to go online?

Justified Saint

When one of my professors was a novice in the 60s (I am guessing that decade sounds about right) he wasn't allowed to go to his best friend's funeral (only two visits and family only) who died in a car accident. Suffice it to say that he never became monk -- don't know if that had anything to do with it though.

Nevermind that though, Congratulations!

Edited by Justified Saint