An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trying to find these orders...

zunshynn

I have the 2004 Guide to Religious Ministries book, and I was going to leave it in the chapel at my Church for others to look through as I don't exactly need it anymore. But I'm highlighting all of the good orders I know of to give people a start, but I can't find these:

The Sister Servants of the Eternal Word
Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word

If any of you happen to have a rough idea where they are, if they are listed, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. I know they're supposed to be alphabetical but sometimes they skip common words like Sisters... so... thanks for your help.

I know they're supposed to be alphabetical, but

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1026086' date='Jul 17 2006, 02:09 PM']
I have the 2004 Guide to Religious Ministries book, and I was going to leave it in the chapel at my Church for others to look through as I don't exactly need it anymore. But I'm highlighting all of the good orders I know of to give people a start, but I can't find these:

If any of you happen to have a rough idea where they are, if they are listed, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. I know they're supposed to be alphabetical but sometimes they skip common words like Sisters... so... thanks for your help.

[/quote]

These orders may not be listed because they already have so many applicants--word of mouth publicity works best for them.

I'd almost have to have the book in front of me to help with this.

Blessings,
Gemma

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1026086' date='Jul 17 2006, 02:09 PM']

[/quote]

I have some ideas to pitch in:

Sister Servants of The Eternal Word- Birmingham Alabama
Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of The Eucharist--Michigan [Ann Arbor?]
Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word-Birmingham Alabama-founded by Mother Angelica

I think I'm right?

Edited by Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1026086' date='Jul 17 2006, 01:09 PM']

[/quote]
The DSMME were only approved by the Domincan Master of the Order to have the title "Dominican" in the last year or so. (If memory serves me correctly.) So perhaps try to find them under "S" for sisters, or even under "M" for Mary.

• 2 weeks later...
HeavenlyCalling

Where do you get the 'guide to religious .....uh, sorry, forgot the rest, I have a memory like a dancing taco :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: My mom had one a few years ago, but even if I could find it, it would be outdated.

+

I'd stick to the CMSWR Vocation Directory. You can trust all the communities listed within. Just e-mail:

cmswr@ix.netcom.com

to request a copy.

Blessings!

passionheart

[quote name='HollyDolly' post='1034762' date='Jul 31 2006, 11:30 AM']
I believe all three have websites,but i can't recall their web adresses right now.
[/quote]

Here they are:

Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/[/url]

Sister Servants of the Eternal Word

[url="http://sisterservants.com/"]http://sisterservants.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.mfva.info/mfva/default.asp"]http://www.mfva.info/mfva/default.asp[/url]

brendan1104

Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist
www.sistersofmary.org, Ann Arbor, MI

Sisters Servants of the Eternal Word
www.sisterservants.com, Birmingham, AL

www.mfva.info, Irondale (Birmingham, AL)

VeniteAdoremus

I think zunshynn was looking for the place to find them in her copy, for highlighting purposes and the education of the masses, rawr :) (Everyone promoting DSMME gets a big thumps-up from me!).

I don't have your book, so I'm afraid I can't help. Sounds like an excellent resource, though.