Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are you considering religious life, as an option for life?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just wondering who are, I'm considering priesthood? Anyone else here considering?

Except for Little Flower! Of Course. Just Kidding!!!!!!

Edited by the_rev
littleflower+JMJ
Posted

Except for Little Flower! Of Course. Just Kidding!!!!!!

REV!! :crackup: :crackup: :rolling: :rolling:

okay okay i hope you dont think im a hater or anything now in the religious life! :hide: :unsure:

cuz i respect it so much and all the ppl even thinking about the RL as well, it takes someone very special to answer that special call from God.

however, im not alone, my mom's aunt is a nun, and a cool one at that, so dont worry, whatever God's will is, i will follow!!!! ;)

and if i do become, i'll go back and have to thank you rev!! :D :lol::lol: :rolling:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

your the one who wants to become a priest huh?

wwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!

that is amesome!! that is coolest thing in the world!!!!!!!

go for it!!!! :clap::cheer:

i will be praying for you and your vocation!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

the Rev----> :priest: for The man!! ----> :jesus:

Posted

I don't know what to put in the poll, I'm considering everything.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

I don't know what to put in the poll, I'm considering everything.

yeah me too, i mean i haven't totally shut down the idea of becomign a nun, cuz until the day i get married it will always be an option....

:unsure:

oh and rev? GREAT THREAD FOR THE CREEPY ALIENS!! I LIKE IT SO MUCH!!

We DO need to consider adn pray for those options that many times we do not pay heed to, but yet are soo important.....and even though we're young we still need to be meditating and praying over our future and vocation.....

look how young st. therese was when she became a nun!! :wub:

God is calling all of us and we need to answer that call and protect and make sure vocations in the Holy MOther Church grow!!! amen?

GREAT THREAD! props to you !!! ^_^ ;):cool: :)

Posted

I posted it in here due to the fact it is meant for people under 20!

Posted (edited)

GREAT TO Hear!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by the_rev
GodsThespianChic
Posted (edited)

Null vote for me...

I really don't know.

I really want to have the married life, ya know? Husband, kids, family, raising the kids to become amesome people of God...

But then, at the same time, I've been feeling that becoming a nun maybe IS my calling from God. It's weird, but maybe that is what He wants from me...

But...I'm just going to see what happens and go from there because for me, either one is an option! I won't do either one until I'm completely sure of it being God's plan for me. Let's see what happens!

Btw...Post # 800 right here, baby!! Woot!!

Edited by GodsThespianChic
PyroPenguinX07
Posted

i'm not sure yet I've narrowed things down and being an ordained minister could be kind of cool :priest:

catholicteen
Posted

I'm discerning, so I don't know yet. I voted nun wannabe because that's what I'm leaning towards right now. Last summer I went on a (wonderful!!) trip visiting different religious orders around the south and midwest. The Daughters of St. Paul really struck me. They rock! :D We'll see. I have a few years to go before I can make a decision about it anyhow.

Posted

Hey! I'm like you in that sense. I would LOVE to be a nun and be able to visit Jesus in the tabernacle and always be sure that I could be able to pray as much as I wanted to. I don't graduate till 06' so I have some time to think about it.

I'll keep you all in my prayers!!!

Posted

i have absolutely no clue... :ph34r:

Posted

open to everything - considering ;) religious life as a sister...

Posted

hopefully i don't steal you away from the convent :ph34r: ;)

Posted

Right now I'm talking to my vocations director, and I have no doubt in my mind I'm gonna be a priest. Always wanted to be, so I'm gonna fulfill the dream! (Unless I die of Colon Cancer, or a kidney stone, there not sure what it is!)

Confessionator741
Posted

i think that i have to keep the option open.....

who knows....

it will hit me some day

B

Posted

well...since I've been fully active in church (youth group that is, and getting people closer to Christ.) but NEVER talking or even learning about religious life, I don't really know what order I'd go into. If there were non-habit wearing nuns, I'd be there.....I dunno, just the thought of them are making me sweat! :sweat:

But anyways, I'm really thinking about it. I looked at the Daughters of St. Paul and they look cool, but I want to work with the homeless.....That's my dream.

So if anyone has any info...please PM me!

Posted

I'm friends with Sr. Irene. She doesn't wear a habit (unless the denim skit is a habit, ha, ha ha.) Do you want an intro??

Confessionator741
Posted

i personally love it when i see a brother or a sister wearing their haibit....

it makes me feel that there is hope for the futuer...

i like the how they still wear it....

B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...