An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hypothetical Question

Sammy Blaze

Brothers and sisters,

Salvation and Grace are not my strong suits in debates but I have a quick question...anyone feel free to answer...

If..well Since I am saved by God's grace, and by accepting him as my savior, by public confesson or what not, Am I granted the unmerited gift of salvation??

Since I am 'once saved,always saved', could I murder someone in cold blood or commit some inhumane crime for whatever reason, and still be saved, even if I had no remorse for my actions??

Just something I've pondered....not that I'd actually do something like that :P

Well I'm out Godbless everyone ~S.

Circle_Master

yes, you could.

would you? probably not.

if you did would you regret it? yes - the Spirit is in you

are we free to do whatever we want? no - see Romans 6

Sammy Blaze,

Grace is an unmerited Gift. You can accept it, or reject it. Nobody or nothing can take it from you, but you can usually set it down and leave it. Some Gifts are permanent and can't be set down. You can ignore it and not look at it, but it's still there (kinda like a tattoo). Two permanent graces are the right to call God Father, and the right to ask for the Gift of Grace. The Grace of Salvation cannot ever be taken from you by anything or anyone, but you have the ability to choose to set it down. God has promised it won't be destroyed or withheld from you. Only ask for it again, and God will through a party in His joy in giving it back to you.

To intentionally murder, is to intentionally say no to God and His Love. Say no to His Love, and you say no to His Ulitimate Gift of Love, your eternal Life with Him. It takes less than no time to repent you saying no to God's Love to then recieve even more love than what you rejected. God's kinda freaky about giving us His love. He gives more than we need, more than we ask for, and more than we can imagine.

But it's a gift. Ours to keep or throw away.

Sammy,

There is no truth to the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Jesus Christ didn't teach it, nor did the Apostles. It was born out of the deranged mind of Martin Luther in the 16th century.

It was Luther who wrote in a letter to Philip Melanchthon that he could commit adultery or murder thousands of times each day and not lose his salvation. Luther also approved of bigamy (more than one wife) and polygyny (two or more wives). Luther removed several writings from the Bible used by the Jesus and the Apostles -- the Septuagint. And he rejected Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelation from the NT. Follow Luther at your own risk. Some hero!

Do you believe Christ:

"I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven,"

"Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father" (many times we're told we must keep the Commandments),

"If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. . ."

". . .whoever endures to the end will be saved."

or Luther?

Circle and others will sling jillions of verses at you, but it proves nothing other than Martin Luther and John Calvin twisted the scriptures. The relevant question is, did Christ and the Apostles teach OSAS? The answer is emphatically NO.

Any doctrine can be "proved" by the scriptures if someone is clever enough. That's why we have so many Protestant denominations with jillions of followers.

Believe OSAS at the risk of losing your soul.

Jesus did not die to give us permission to sin.

I have a book written by a Protestant minister, Dan Corner, called The Believer's

Conditional Security. It's 801 pages of arguments AGAINST Once Saved

Always Saved.

You can't have absolute assurance that you are saved until you die and wake up in Purgatory or heaven. You can lose your salvation at any time through sin.

JMJ Jay

Circle_Master

Believe OSAS at the risk of losing your soul.

Jesus did not die to give us permission to sin.

You speak your own ignorance of what Eternal Security is by those two verses.

Thanks for the input guys, all of you....

to me, Grace and Salvation discussions always turn into great thelogical discourses, mainly because of the many views of it (*reaches for an aspirin).

Well guys I'm out Godbless ~S.