An Old School Catholic Message Board

How to break the news

HeavenlyCalling

HeavenlyCalling

She is part of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, mother of the eucharist in Ann, Arbor, MI. She is the vocations assistant. I am going to start saving my money for a trip out there, my parents may be okay with it, but they are not going to pay for everything themselves. Thanks to y'all who responded, and I hope the advise you gave helps other people too.
Yours in Christ,
Lily

HeavenlyCalling

Accually, I think it is the head of the Order, Mother Assumpta Long, I believe her sister(twin?) is also the supierer of an order. :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1034394' date='Jul 30 2006, 03:01 PM']
One of the SMME has I believe a twin sister in the PCPA, I think it's Sr. Thomas Aquinas.
[/quote]
Yes, Sr. Thomas Aquinas, OP and Sr. Mary Jacinta, PCPA:
[img]http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/images/web_sisters_copy.jpg[/img]

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1034405' date='Jul 30 2006, 03:14 PM']
Accually, I think it is the head of the Order, Mother Assumpta Long, I believe her sister(twin?) is also the supierer of an order. :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]
Mother Assumpta, OP and Mother Mary Gabriel, SSEW are blood sisters. So far as I know, they are no twins.

[quote name='shortnun' post='1034435' date='Jul 30 2006, 04:18 PM']
Yes, Sr. Thomas Aquinas, OP and Sr. Mary Jacinta, PCPA:
[img]http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/images/web_sisters_copy.jpg[/img]
Mother Assumpta, OP and Mother Mary Gabriel, SSEW are blood sisters. So far as I know, they are no twins.
[/quote]
Oh! I know her. :blush:

That's a great picture. The cloistered sisters at OLAM are so blessed to have so much space. Their entire cloistered area is surrounded by a wall about 15 feet high. You can see some of it in this picture.