An Old School Catholic Message Board

dairygirl

pyranima

I'm just wondering, By "orthodox" do you mean "a professer of orthodox Catholicism (i. e. being obedient to the Magesterium and professing all Dogmata of the Holy Catholic Church)". Or do you mean "A professer of the heretical, schicmatic Greek Orthodox religion"?

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1042571' date='Aug 13 2006, 09:25 AM']
I'm just wondering, By "orthodox" do you mean "a professer of orthodox Catholicism (i. e. being obedient to the Magesterium and professing all Dogmata of the Holy Catholic Church)". Or do you mean "A professer of the heretical, schicmatic Greek Orthodox religion"?
[/quote]
StThomasMore i will advise you to be very careful in what you say. are the Orthodox Schicmatics? yes they are however we have been told by the magesterium when the excommunication was lifted not to use the word heretic when refering to the Orthodox. We are not name calling we are trying to dialogue we cannot do this with name calling. I as a convert love and understand your zeal however do not become over zealous. we need to unite where we agree and correct our brothers when our brothers are wrong.

i mean the Orthodox

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1042571' date='Aug 13 2006, 09:25 AM']
[/quote]
StThomasMore i will advise you to be very careful in what you say. are the Orthodox Schicmatics? yes they are however we have been told by the magesterium when the excommunication was lifted not to use the word heretic when refering to the Orthodox. We are not name calling we are trying to dialogue we cannot do this with name calling. I as a convert love and understand your zeal however do not become over zealous. we need to unite where we agree and correct our brothers when our brothers are wrong.

i mean the Orthodox

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1042571' date='Aug 13 2006, 10:25 AM']
[/quote]
you didn't notice the capital "O" ??

dairygirl4u2c

I am undecided. I have a mix between orthodox/conservative and new age values. I used to be Catholic. Last spring I had been studying the geographical spread of belief in the early church of the Eucharist, when I realized how easy it was to determine, and I was impressed with the results. All prior to 200AD, with nonflaky wording, Justin Martyr from Rome/Europe, Ignatius from Antioch/Asia Minor, and Clement of Alexandria/Africa. That's a good spread, proaby all that really existed of the known world then, in such an early time. I would have expected unclarity in the belief, but that finding really shook me. 200 years is a long time for perversion to occur though.

Now I'm looking into "no salvation outside the Catholic Church" whehter the CC contradicted itself. There's a book I'm woking with that's too complicated to detail here for the issues. Also I'm considering orthdox conversion or orthdox type beliefs. I haven't completely disregarded the possiblity of becoming catholics, espeically considering how my search for contradictions, primarily that no salvation issue, turns out. (It's ironic the issue I'm studing for contradiction has to do with salvation outside the church, since I'm currently outside the church but the issue doesn't have to do with that)

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote]StThomasMore i will advise you to be very careful in what you say.[/quote]

I will say what I please, so long as it doesnt contradict Dogmata.

[quote] are the Orthodox Schicmatics? yes they are however we have been told by the magesterium when the excommunication was lifted not to use the word heretic when refering to the Orthodox.[/quote]

The excommuniation of the Patriarch of Constantinople may have been lifted, but that doesn't mean it should have been. I feel that it was a stab in the back for Eastern Rite Catholics, and we were never advised to not call the Greek Orthodox heretics. I will call them what they are. They deny Dogmata. End of story.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1042808' date='Aug 13 2006, 07:09 PM']
I will say what I please, so long as it doesnt contradict Dogmata.
The excommuniation of the Patriarch of Constantinople may have been lifted, but that doesn't mean it should have been. I feel that it was a stab in the back for Eastern Rite Catholics, and we were never advised to not call the Greek Orthodox heretics. I will call them what they are. They deny Dogmata. End of story.
[/quote]
such a childish response.

the mods seem to think we should treat you like an adult. but with responses like that

[quote]I will say what I please, [/quote]

how can someone treat you seriously??

that's really not the way to talk to adults

for that you get this

:spanking: