An Old School Catholic Message Board

59Beads.com

Guest Rick777

We know dust can be slow. Let us pray for him. He has alot going on and not just my diocese' website but many projects that he could say no to. So let us be quick to pray and slow for all other action.... peace.

fr.

[quote]Until you walk in another man's shoes, you shouldn't criticize him. In other words, do you have any idea what is on dUSt's plate as you make those comments?
We know dust can be slow. Let us pray for him. He has alot going on and not just my diocese' website but many projects that he could say no to. So let us be quick to pray and slow for all other action.... peace.

fr.[/quote]Maybe he should delegate, enable others to do some of the work, finish what he's got, or even be told that it's okay for him to say no.

But the graphics to VocationStation.net looks good.

Edited by Anomaly

littleflower+JMJ

Exactly right, Fr. Pontifex, I agree.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1242951' date='Apr 14 2007, 02:26 PM']Maybe he should delegate, enable others to do some of the work, finish what he's got, or even be told that it's okay for him to say no.[/quote]

Anomaly, I don't think you know how exactly hard it is to do what dUSt does in creating websites, otherwise waiting for his projects wouldn't be such a obstacle for you to understand.

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1242958' date='Apr 14 2007, 03:34 PM']Exactly right, Fr. Pontifex, I agree.
Anomaly, I don't think you know how exactly hard it is to do what dUSt is doing, otherwise waiting for his projects wouldn't be such a obstacle for you to understand.[/quote]Maybe I do know how hard it is. Maybe I do know the stress and pressure of trying to do too much for others out of a sense of obligation and not being able to say know. Maybe I do know how difficult it is to let some things get done by others. I don't think dUSt was offended or hurt from a little teasing, and bringing up 59beads up may be an opportunity for others to offer to help. Heck, maybe I would help if I knew what to do. It was misjudgement by Pontifex to act so defensive, but I understand he may feel guilty for overloading dUSt's plate and wanted to defend him.

Excuuuuuuuuuse me. I n

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1242981' date='Apr 14 2007, 02:43 PM']Maybe I do know how hard it is. Maybe I do know the stress and pressure of trying to do too much for others out of a sense of obligation and not being able to say know. Maybe I do know how difficult it is to let some things get done by others. I don't think dUSt was offended or hurt from a little teasing, and bringing up 59beads up may be an opportunity for others to offer to help. Heck, maybe I would help if I knew what to do. It was misjudgement by Pontifex to act so defensive, but I understand he may feel guilty for overloading dUSt's plate and wanted to defend him.

Excuuuuuuuuuse me. I n[/quote]

First, I don't think Fr. Pontifex was commenting from having to defend since dUSt is pretty capable of multi-tasking very well as we've seen here on pm. lol I think its just Fr. Pontifex knows how time consuming and probably seen first hand that what we're talking about is not quite as easy. (which my post tried to hint at) ;)

Second, its not really an option to let things get done by others in web design but the creator himself, since it is hard to find someone with the same level of skills and capabilities as you, to create the kind of quality work you want in the project your creating. Not just anyone can do it is what I'm saying and those that do are hard to find...I have the *basic* knowledge but definitely not the level of skills or experience to even attempt to offer help. lol and since dUSt's work is "very up there" on the talent scale, I can't do much either! :( lol

Third, thats cool you gave a reminder, I know from my projects for work and school I sometimes have to have my boss remind me of my web projects I have to get done, :blush: because it takes alot of work to bring it all together. Its all about priortizing your projects and if its not done yet, just means there's more pressing ones to complete first.

Anyways, I'm just trying to explain and shed a brighter light on this because until I started doing things like this, I had no idea what I got myself into. I do know that letting them know there's still interest for the project always helps though :P: and thats always good. Sorry if I came across wrong :blush:

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1243063' date='Apr 14 2007, 03:56 PM']:(

I can't see it because I am not cool enough to be allowed to download attachments

:([/quote]
This is about the fifth time you've said this.

:weep:

[quote name='Era Might' post='1243062' date='Apr 14 2007, 03:55 PM']:lol:

Where did you get that to-do list? I want one of those.[/quote]
You can add one to your customizable phatmass homepage, powered by Google:

[url="http://home.phatmass.com"]http://home.phatmass.com[/url]

[quote name='Era Might' post='1243064' date='Apr 14 2007, 02:56 PM']This is about the fifth time you've said this.

:weep:[/quote]
I know ... I continue to be saddened by my persistent non-coolness.

:sadder:

littleflower+JMJ

Planting trees is even on the list!

Personally, I have to make to-do lists for myself. Every day in fact (for school).

However, I've noticed they make you pray more and sleep less. :mellow:

[quote name='dUSt' post='1243071' date='Apr 14 2007, 03:06 PM']Check to see if the attachments are fixed.[/quote]
It totally works!

Thanks. You rock.

:notworthy: