An Old School Catholic Message Board

Goodbye 'Phoenix Phive'...

brendan1104

Their aspirant is now officially a postulant, Sr. Mary. See: [url="http://desertnuns.com/"]www.desertnuns.com[/url]

Awesome! That really is wonderful! And I'd heard they wouldn't except postulants until they had the monastery all built! I think it's awesome they fasttracked it. I'm sure they have plenty to do for six!

Is Sr. Marie André going to be the abbess? Is that figured out yet?

brandelynmarie

I knew she was an aspirant...how cool she is now a postulant! I'm guessing that they are using a lighter color of postulant clothes due to the heat & sun?
Sr. Marie Andre(I believe) will become abbess when they have a certain number of professed nuns...something like 7 or 9.... :idontknow:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

The only thing is that in the pictures, it looks like the veil is on weird or there is something under it holding it up... It just kinda bothers me a bit...

This is the coolest picture though:

[img]http://desertnuns.com/images/August%2011%20008.jpg[/img]
I am the Light...

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1043639' date='Aug 14 2006, 12:10 PM']
Their aspirant is now officially a postulant, Sr. Mary. See: [url="http://desertnuns.com/"]www.desertnuns.com[/url]
[/quote]

+

Thanks Brendan! I love new nun updates, especially, with pictures.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1044497' date='Aug 16 2006, 02:40 PM']
The only thing is that in the pictures, it looks like the veil is on weird or there is something under it holding it up... It just kinda bothers me a bit...
[/quote]

Could be Sr. Mary's ponytail?

Love and prayers,

PP

Yeah PCPA ppostulants can't cut their hair until investiture, so if you've got long hair I'm sure it can look odd.

lol. I have thick hair that grows really fast even though it wasn't that long at my aspirancy... It'll be interesting to figure out.

That is my favorit pic to

Guess what? that is were I am hoping to enter and I am visiting them in November.

Sr.Mary was an exception i forget why. but I know that that is were her family is from.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1049111' date='Aug 24 2006, 12:27 AM']
HI puella! :bye:
[/quote]

Hey there! :D

PP

Awwwwwwwwwww!! How beautiful!!! That's so wonderful for them, that their community is growing and recieving new vocations, praise God! God Bless,
uruviel