An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cathy's got the moolah!

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi everyone,
as you may see in other threads, I have a friend that was accepted for fall entrance to smme. But she had some loans that would not allow her to enter. she applied for the laboure and frasier family foundations, only to hear that the fffoundation is not accepting any more applications. And it's like 2 weeks until entrance. Well, she heard back from the laboure foundation this morning and they have accepted her application!!! Her loans are not paid off, but this acceptance shows that they will be paid off soon. It is now up to the smme's to decide whether to let her enter in 2 weeks. Pray that God's will be done!! But this is a huge step forward for her to enter this year!!! Praise GOD!!!

• 2 weeks later...
be_thou_my_vision

Some sad news. Although Cathy got a folder opened for her at the Laboure Foundation, she will not be entering this year. She needed the money to be completely and officially paid off. Thank you for your prayers, and I'm sure this is God's will. Praise God!

But she will be entering next year. Pray for her.

passionheart

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1050966' date='Aug 26 2006, 12:56 PM']
Some sad news. Although Cathy got a folder opened for her at the Laboure Foundation, she will not be entering this year. She needed the money to be completely and officially paid off. Thank you for your prayers, and I'm sure this is God's will. Praise God!

But she will be entering next year. Pray for her.
[/quote]

She is mentioned every night in the BDSD club prayer. I believe too she will live her hearts desire next year.

be_thou_my_vision

I believe so too. But for now, she is heartbroken.

She has hope for next year, and I believe she will (and already has) learned a lot since this whole thing began.

Thank you for praying for her.

God Bless.

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1051493' date='Aug 27 2006, 12:36 AM']
:sign: Next year in Jerusalem! :blush:
[/quote]

:huh:

Cathy will be in my prayers. I can just imagine saddening that would be... How long will it be until its officially paid off?

be_thou_my_vision

I imagine just a few months. She has to pay about $14,000. She has a full time job and she has donations from the Laboure Foundation.

:)