ardillacid Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='Lahecil' post='1044184' date='Aug 15 2006, 03:36 PM'] [b]First, there are legally ordained pagan priests and priestesses. Second, yeah, most of us have "Craft names",[/b] mine I don't disclose to anyone, but there are those like...Ms...SoulTar who have...unique...tastes... As for the dog, some pagans do keep familiars, which can be useful in meditation, magick, etc. The combination of the three though...makes me crack up laughing. I still can't get over SoulTar though, it sounds like a cruddy superhero. [/quote] looks like someone is going to get the 'i don't rep the church' tag
Lahecil Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote]oh yes, Gandalf.. Another Wizard conjured up by a Catholic. haha This is starting the freak me out. [/quote] LOL! Tell me about it! Catholics have had a HUGE influence on ceremonial magick, and therefore certain Wiccan aspects as well. Really, I owe you folks a big thanks! [quote]looks like someone is going to get the 'i don't rep the church' tag [/quote] Eh, probably. Considering, I don't. At least I don't hate it. But there seriously ARE pagan priests and priestesses that can legally marry a couple in a handfasting. If you'd like a listing, Witchvox.com has a huge database. And Craft names are similar to Confirmation names, except Craft names sound extremely hippie-ish.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1046701' date='Aug 20 2006, 11:04 AM'] looks like someone is going to get the 'i don't rep the church' tag [/quote] I always assumed that the 'i don't rep the church' thing was reserved for people who are anti-Catholic? I guess I never asked.. [quote name='Lahecil' post='1046712' date='Aug 20 2006, 11:10 AM'] LOL! Tell me about it! Catholics have had a HUGE influence on ceremonial magick, and therefore certain Wiccan aspects as well. Really, I owe you folks a big thanks! [/quote] I guess I never really thought about it.. I'm more familiar with the ways in which old pagan traditions were "baptised". I suppose it goes both ways. Small world.
XIX Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='Lahecil' post='1046712' date='Aug 20 2006, 11:10 AM'] LOL! Tell me about it! Catholics have had a HUGE influence on ceremonial magick, and therefore certain Wiccan aspects as well. Really, I owe you folks a big thanks! Eh, probably. Considering, I don't. At least I don't hate it. But there seriously ARE pagan priests and priestesses that can legally marry a couple in a handfasting. If you'd like a listing, Witchvox.com has a huge database. And Craft names are similar to Confirmation names, except Craft names sound extremely hippie-ish. [/quote] Define "legally."
Lahecil Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote]Define "legally." [/quote] I mean, they're ordained clergy, and can officiate at a wedding ( handfasting) recognized by the government. [url="http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_index/xclergy.html"]http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_index/xclergy.html[/url] See? There are 65 listed in NY where I live.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='not+ardillacid' post='1046701' date='Aug 20 2006, 01:04 PM'] looks like someone is going to get the 'i don't rep the church' tag [/quote] [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1046716' date='Aug 20 2006, 01:14 PM'] I always assumed that the 'i don't rep the church' thing was reserved for people who are anti-Catholic? I guess I never asked.. [/quote] People obviously NOT Catholic like Lahecil get a "Seperated Brethren" tag, like those who are Faithful to the Church get "Church Militant." Seperated Brethren DO have the "I do not rep the Church" logo, but depending on who you are its not necessarily a bad thing. Lahecil here is clearly not repping the Church, and clearly not dissing her either, there's nothing in the tag that she should find offensive. Its only offensive to those who think that they're repping the Church but are giving her a bad rap. You have to remember dUSt did away with the phishy group and the non-Catholic group, and combined them into Seperated Brethren.
OLAM Dad Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 One time I went to Mass while I was stationed at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma and the priest gave his dog communion. No I'm not joking. Clearly that priest had some real issues. Hopefully the consecration itself wasn't even valid.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1046848' date='Aug 20 2006, 04:04 PM'] One time I went to Mass while I was stationed at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma and the priest gave his dog communion. No I'm not joking. Clearly that priest had some real issues. Hopefully the consecration itself wasn't even valid. [/quote] or at least I hope the dog was in a state of grace. that priest is clearly unfit for duty, imho.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 Now THAT I take serious issue with.... makes a dog laying under the altar seem pretty pale in comparison.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1046854' date='Aug 20 2006, 04:19 PM'] Now THAT I take serious issue with.... makes a dog laying under the altar seem pretty pale in comparison. [/quote] totally. the sick part is that i imagine that priest thinks he's mister cool by doing that.
God the Father Posted August 20, 2006 Posted August 20, 2006 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1046855' date='Aug 20 2006, 06:20 PM'] totally. the sick part is that i imagine that priest thinks he's mister cool by doing that. [/quote] Father Cool?
Norseman82 Posted August 21, 2006 Posted August 21, 2006 [quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1046848' date='Aug 20 2006, 05:04 PM'] One time I went to Mass while I was stationed at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma and the priest gave his dog communion. No I'm not joking. Clearly that priest had some real issues. Hopefully the consecration itself wasn't even valid. [/quote] Hopefully he only gave the dog an unconcsecrated host.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now