An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which One is Bernie?

Budge

[img]http://www.warchronicle.com/images/sreb.jpg[/img]

[quote]Law shares prayers, feast, hope with Muslims

By Scott S. Greenberger, Globe Staff, 11/25/2002

WAYLAND - It was Sunday, and Cardinal Bernard F. Law had come to pray. So, wearing a gold crucifix and a flowing black robe with red trim, [size=5]Law removed his shoes. Then, as the imam chanted the sunset prayers, the bishop knelt with his forehead just inches from the carpet and offered praise to Allah.[/size]

[url="http://www.boston.com/globe/spotlight/abuse/stories3/112502_law.htm"]LINK[/url] [/quote]

{couldnt resist... ;) }

Bishops aren't impeccable, just like the Pope isn't impeccable. If this bishop was adoring the Mohammadan idol then he indeed comitted the mortal sin of idolatry along with scandal. But this is probably just some protestant propaganda.

[quote]Bishops aren't impeccable, just like the Pope isn't impeccable. If this bishop was adoring the Mohammadan idol then he indeed comitted the mortal sin of idolatry along with scandal.[/quote]

If my minister started praying to Allah, the deacons and church members would oust him the next day.

Who Me? Bernie was well rewarded by Rome for his incompetence as head of the fourth largest basilica in Rome.

I dare say if your Cardinals dont even have Christian basics down like dont worship false gods, they are not worthy of having anyone to lead.

Jesus taught us to judge by the fruits, and praying to Allah is a ROTTEN ONE!

[quote] Bishops aren't impeccable, just like the Pope isn't impeccable. If this bishop was adoring the Mohammadan idol then he indeed comitted the mortal sin of idolatry along with scandal.[b] [u]But this is probably just some protestant propaganda.[/u][/b][/quote]

[img]http://i8.tinypic.com/24wt0ra.jpg[/img]

"Allah" is used even by Arabic Christians to refer to God. That's what it means in their language. So he wasn't praying to a false god.

As for Cardinal Law's "promotion," such is not the case. He went from being the head of a major archdiocese to being the head of JUST ONE CHURCH. That is a MAJOR demotion -- like going from the president of the U.S. to mayor of a small town.

[quote]"Allah" is used even by Arabic Christians to refer to God. That's what it means in their language. So he wasn't praying to a false god.[/quote]

Do Arabic Christians do the same prayer positions as Islamics?
[quote]
Law knelt with his forehead just inches from the carpet [/quote]

[b]You also do realize he was in a MOSQUE do you not and that it was Ramadan?[/b]

Law also said "we believe in one god" referencing to the Islamics...

I think you really need to stop the denials and face the facts.

Heres the article again, I underlined parts for you..
[quote]
Law shares prayers, feast, hope with Muslims

By Scott S. Greenberger, Globe Staff, 11/25/2002

WAYLAND - It was Sunday, and Cardinal Bernard F. Law had come to pray. So, wearing a gold crucifix and a flowing black robe with red trim, Law removed his shoes. Then, as the imam chanted the sunset prayers,[u] the bishop knelt with his forehead just inches from the carpet and offered praise to Allah.[/u]

No doubt, Law looked out of place at the [u]Islamic Center of Boston[/u] last night - but he didn't feel that way.[u] Law, who participated in the Wayland mosque's Ramadan observance as a gesture of good will[/u], said he felt right at home among the Muslim worshipers.

''Yes, there are differences. But the starting point -[u] and the most important point - is that we believe in one God,'[/u]' Law told them. The cardinal did not mention the priest sex abuse scandal, or the possibility of war with Iraq, which he opposes.

Habib Rahman, a 45-year-old attorney who lives in Weston, said he was touched by the cardinal's presence. Like many other worshipers, Rahman complimented Law for being especially forthright in support of Muslims after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11.

''By being here, he is extending a hand of friendship, and I welcome that,'' Rahman said.

After the prayers, [u]Law shared the iftar, the meal breaking the daily sunrise-to-sunset Ramadan fast. [/u]Members of the congregation started with dates - as Mohammed, the prophet and founder of Islam, might have done - then moved on to a feast of salad, chicken, and rice. The families at the Islamic Center hail from about 20 countries, mostly in South Asia and the Middle East, and the food reflected diversity.

During a brief speech after the meal, Law suggested that religious Catholics and Muslims have more in common with each other than they do with ''radical secularists who demand that life be seen without God.''

[u]''I feel very much at home with my fellow fundamentalists here, who are convinced that God must be at the center of our lives,'' Law said.[/u]

Law acknowledged that throughout history, zealots from both religions have used their faith as a justification for violence. He expressed hope that scenes such as last night's, in a pluralistic country such as the United States, would be a model for a fractious world.

Javid Malek, a Woburn engineer, said the worshipers at the Islamic Center of Boston, and American Muslims in general, are eager to reach out to non-Muslims at a time when many are feeling especially insecure.

''Even Jerry Falwell, if he decided to come here, we'd probably hold our breath and invite him - or hold our nose and invite him,'' said Malek, referring to Falwell's derogatory remarks about the prophet Mohammed. ''One thing we can't afford is offending anybody. The press we're getting is bad enough.''

This story ran on page B4 of the Boston Globe on 11/25/2002.
© Copyright 2002 Globe Newspaper Company. [/quote]

Denying Jesus Christ for "peace" that is the Catholic clergy's path.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045929' date='Aug 18 2006, 08:08 AM']
Do Arabic Christians do the same prayer positions as Islamics?
[b]You also do realize he was in a MOSQUE do you not and that it was Ramadan?[/b]

[/quote]
Yes, and I also realize that it was in 2002. Come on Budge, you can do better than this.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/stirthepot.gif[/img]

[quote] "Allah" is used even by Arabic Christians to refer to God. That's what it means in their language. So he wasn't praying to a false god. [/quote]

If he was praying with Arabic Catholics then it was fine. But if he was praying to the Mohammadan idol, or even praying with Mohammadans thinking they also adored the Trinity, it was a mortal sin of idolarty and scandal and praying with persons of false religions.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1045929' date='Aug 18 2006, 09:08 AM']Do Arabic Christians do the same prayer positions as Islamics?[/quote]Do you not know the proper way to refer to an adherent of Islam?
[quote name='Budge' post='1045929' date='Aug 18 2006, 09:08 AM']Law also said "we believe in one god" referencing to the Islamics...[/quote]Actually, he is quoting the first words of the Nicene Creed, which begins:[quote][b]We believe in one God,[/b]
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is seen and unseen.
...[/quote]

[quote] Actually, he is quoting the first words of the Nicene Creed, which begins: [quote]

If he was not adoring the Mohammadan idol, he would have been quoting the Apostles' Creed, which begins "I believe in God," not the Nicene Creed, which begins in "I believe in One God". Notice the absence of the word "One."?

It is true that most protestants would not know what it means to prostrate themselves, because there no such thing as reverence in most of there churches. We look strange to them because, we kneel, prostrate, stand, genuflect. But them again the Holy Spirit may be present in them because of Baptism but they have no use for reverence because Christ is not physically present in the their buildings. Oh yeah that Baptsim you enjoy is a SACRAMENT INSTUTED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

So yeah we do pray like the Muslims at times, it is called to PROSTRATE ones self. I bet in your own circle of friends and church you are classified as intelligent, but I have yet to see any logical proof of that.

Actually, Protestnant's don't have the Holy Ghost present in them. The Holy Ghost is only present in Catholics who are in a state of grace.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1045971' date='Aug 18 2006, 09:32 AM']
Actually, Protestnant's don't have the Holy Ghost present in them. The Holy Ghost is only present in Catholics who are in a state of grace.
[/quote]

Sorry I didn't mean it the way it it came out. I agree with you.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1045971' date='Aug 18 2006, 08:32 AM']
[/quote]

:blink: