An Old School Catholic Message Board

Perhaps You Folks Should Reconsider Bible Prophecy

Budge

KnightofChrist

Farsighted one,

The Book of Apocalypse is not a just "dream" it is a vision of John given to him by Jesus Christ.

Someone has greatly err in teaching you.

What about the dream Joesph had where a Angel came to him and told him to take Mary and baby Jesus and runaway from King Herod? From your point of viewed Joesph shoud not have taken his dreams "literally" and then baby Jesus would have died.

listen: if you're Catholic you are bound to accept all the Catholic Church's eschatological dogmas. It is dogmatically binding upon all Catholics to believe that everything in the book of revelations is precisely what God wanted in there (if he wanted it to say it was a dream, He would have guided the sacred writer thusly, but He guided the sacred writer to say it was a revelation). It is dogmatically binding upon Catholics to believe that, at the end of the world, Jesus will return and the book of the Apocalypse to St. John at Patmos will be fulfilled. There is a lot of symbolism and typology describing the way the end will happen: but the Church teaches that it is describing how the end will happen.

To not believe this is to be a heretic. It's basic Catholic Eschatology 101.

[quote]The Verichip is real.

Stop being in denial.
[/quote]

Budge I agree that this is wrong and I would refuse it. I have alot of Issues with our governement.

Remeber 666 was Nero Cesear, He claimed that he was anti-christian. This so called beast isnt a machine. And the machine in Europe that was called the beast was a hoax.

The governemt has done as probably will do alot a stupid stuff for our servicemen and one day the American people.

This is the problem with personal interperetation. It breeds paranoia, this paranoia also tends to spill over into ministry thus, explaining your article.

I have a opinion on these chips and on SS#'s. But, we cant keep saying that " The devil made me do it!!" All the time.

Edited by Convert4888

How am I being paranoid?

{There are people who are unbelievers who are worried about what they plan to do with this technology}

[quote]Half a billion RFID tags shipped in 2005

Robert Jaques, vnunet.com | August 30 2006

More than 565 million high-frequency RFID integrated circuits were shipped in 2005, according to the latest findings of ABI Research's RFID Tag IC Market Sizing Database.

Sara Shah, RFID industry analyst at ABI Research, said: "In the year from the first quarter of 2005 to the first quarter of 2006, shipments of HF ISO14443 tag integrated circuits increased 104 per cent, the highest growth rate of any segment we measured.

"This growth can be attributed to an increase in contactless payment cards, and personal identification documents such as e-passports. Both are high volume, high growth applications."

The US began issuing e-passports to its citizens this month, following plans laid out in the Visa Waiver Programme.

The 27 nations in this programme have either begun issuing e-passports or plan to by October, demonstrating that this is a global application of RFID.

ABI Research expects that government initiatives are driving, and will continue to drive, strong growth in this sector.

Many countries have plans for other forms of personal identification documents such as government and national ID cards which will fuel long-term growth in addition to e-passport replacement and re-issuance cycles.

RFID has been further boosted during the past year by US contactless payment and transit-ticketing trials.

Open loop transit ticketing applications in North America, for example, have prompted several major cities such as New York to test public transport contactless ticketing systems.

Meanwhile other regions including Europe and Asia that began embracing contactless technology earlier are now implementing the technology at higher rates with fuller, wider deployments.

These two factors have helped this market achieve significant growth. "North American credit card companies are becoming more bullish about contactless payment," said Shah.

"They are taking steps to introduce the technology to their customers, for example through media campaigns, trials and new contactless card distribution. This should continue to drive HF ISO14443 tag integrated circuit markets."[/quote]

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1054440' date='Aug 31 2006, 02:08 PM']
How am I being paranoid?

{There are people who are unbelievers who are worried about what they plan to do with this technology}
[/quote]I read and re-read your article, and can't find where it says that these "unbelievers" are "worried" about RFID technology. As an aside, I don't know how you can conclude what these industry analysts' religious beliefs are.

It seems like a fact-based article. Maybe I'm overlooking something, though.

[quote]It seems like a fact-based article.[/quote]

Yes it is.

RFID chips are FACT.

That is what I was showing you.

Heres another FACT based article...

[url="http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,123246-page,1/article.html"]NOW OUR PASSPORTS HAVE A RFID CHIP[/url]

You do know they just have released the passports that have the RFID chip in them right?

Thats FACT as well.

Edited by Budge

Mateo el Feo

OK, Budge. Please quote where these "unbelievers" are "worried" about RFID. To me, they just look like techies that are reporting on a technology that interests them.

Reading your second article, the ACLU is quoted as being opposed to Passport IDs. Then again, they are also worried about having things like the Ten Commandments or a Cross on government property.

who cares what the ACLU thinks?

I dont.

Even if they are right about invasion of privacy from time to time, they exploit these things to their own ends.

There are plenty of unbelievers concerned about RFID...

[img]http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/sterling/spychips.jpg[/img]

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1054567' date='Aug 31 2006, 03:37 PM']who cares what the ACLU thinks?

I dont.[/quote]They are the only ones that you have cited who agree with you.

[quote name='Budge' post='1054567' date='Aug 31 2006, 03:37 PM']Even if they are right about invasion of privacy from time to time, they exploit these things to their own ends.

There are plenty of unbelievers concerned about RFID...[/quote]That's fine. The problem is that you quoted a text as proof that "unbelievers" were concerned about RFID, though the text showed [i]no concern whatsoever[/i] about the technology.

My point is: if you're going to cite a source as [i]proof[/i] for your position, at least read the text to see if it [u]does[/u] support your position. In this case, it did not.

stop quibbling..

There are those who DONT believe in Bible Prophecy concenred about RFID, I proved my point.

Who cares what the ACLU thinks?

You going to line up for your chip because the ACLU is against it?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1056034' date='Sep 3 2006, 01:34 PM']
stop quibbling..

There are those who DONT believe in Bible Prophecy concenred about RFID, I proved my point.

Who cares what the ACLU thinks?

You going to line up for your chip because the ACLU is against it?
[/quote]
Budge, the government doesn't need a chip to find you, spy satellites and GPSs do the job rather nicely already.

the satillites and GPS work WITH the RFID chip...[some of you folks really need to study up]

and why make their job easier?

parody poster:

[img]http://www.oilempire.us/graphics/beastnumber23.jpg[/img]

Oh, geez.

Let me be clear....I wish we could live in a world without intrusive governmental regulation of our lives, a world in which we would not have to produce ID, or be tagged like so many cattle....

However, there is a thin line between right-minded objections to governmental intrusion of privacy, and conspiracy-minded lunacy and paranoia.

The mark of the Beast? Please....

Have you ever read the book, "88 Reasons Why The World Will End in 1988"? I have, and it actually makes many cogent arguments.

For instance, the author points out that, according to Biblical prophecy, Jesus would return within a generation of the restoration of the Kingdom of Israel. The state of Israel was founded in 1948, and since biblical generations were roughly 40 years long, that indicated that Jesus would return in 1988.

The trouble with such logic is obvious. Even if we granted a seven-year extension for the Great Tribulation, we're still here....18 years later, and Jesus is nowhere in sight.

In fact, did you know that every year since 1844 has been designated as The End of the World by prophecy gurus? Yet when their predictions don't pan out, they just keep deferring the End of the World year by year, until centuries come and go, and yet people keep swallowing their lies....

Believe me, I don't have time for such nonsense....

So, the Bible says the Antichrist will put a 666 on the foreheads and wrists of his followers, and no one will be able to buy or sell without it....

The Bible also says beware of false prophets, and every false prophet who makes a prediction that doesn't come true ought to be stoned. I think it's high time we implement this policy.

Am I therefore a mocker, or a scoffer? How convenient!

The charlatans always have a ready reply for what most of the world considers reason, and good sense. Some people deserve to be mocked, especially those quacks who peddle such patent nonsense.

It's high time for all the peddlers of apocalyptic lunacy to re-consider their approach to biblical prophecy.