An Old School Catholic Message Board

New to Phatmass!

theresie22

Hey Everyone,
I am new to phatmass and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Therese and I am a third year nursing student. I am originally from Kansas City, MO. I am actively discerning my vocation and I just wanted to say that I have been reading the "Vocation Station" religiously! So I finally decided to join! So I will look forward to finally chatting with you all and joining in on the phatmass fun! I have had the privilage of meeting some of you...and I am excited to get to know more of you!
Love and prayers,
PJ2=MyHero (Therese)

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='PJ2=MyHero' post='1049291' date='Aug 23 2006, 10:54 PM']
Hey Everyone,
I am new to phatmass and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Therese and I am a third year nursing student. I am originally from Kansas City, MO. I am actively discerning my vocation and I just wanted to say that I have been reading the "Vocation Station" religiously! So I finally decided to join! So I will look forward to finally chatting with you all and joining in on the phatmass fun! I have had the privilage of meeting some of you...and I am excited to get to know more of you!
Love and prayers,
PJ2=MyHero (Therese)
[/quote]

Welcome, Therese!
This is quite an amazing group here! :)
What Communities are you discerning with?

Surprisingly the orders I have been discerning with have been teaching orders! Yikes! God definitely has something planned with the nursing career...who knows what! Right now I am spending quality time with the School Sisters of Christ the King. (Yay to Allie and Liz who enter on September 8th!!!) It has been a confusing/difficult discernment with studying nursing and being pulled towards the teaching orders, but I am at peace and am excited to see what God has in store for me! In the meantime school is my "vocation" and it is tough! Haha!

be_thou_my_vision

Welcome Therese!! I am also a nursing student but feel pulled to a teaching order. God is really mysterious isn't he? lol. I hope you have a good time on phatmass and find it helpful!

[quote name='veritas99' post='1049784' date='Aug 24 2006, 03:13 PM']
Welcome

Is this the same therese who was at the IRL Meeting and May retreat in Ann Arbor?
[/quote]

Yes! And I bet this is Tracy (the St. Athanasius gave it away!)

[quote name='PJ2=MyHero' post='1049899' date='Aug 24 2006, 06:52 PM']
Yes! And I bet this is Tracy (the St. Athanasius gave it away!)
[/quote]

It is, :D:

I'm glad that you finally made your way on to Phatmass. It has been a great blessing for me.

We should chat sometime and catch up.

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1049881' date='Aug 24 2006, 06:15 PM']
Welcome!!! :)

I too am from the Kansas City area... Lee's Summit to be exact

:D: :D: :D:

God Bless

Anna
[/quote]

Nice to see another "discerner" from the KC area! There is a new order (well canonically new that is) in the Kansas City diocese. The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles. They just moved into the convent by St. Pius X High School and are an amazing order! They are there for about 2 more years until they can build a new monastery out in the St. Joseph area. You can go and pray/recreate with them, or make a week long retreat. They are awesome! There are 14 Sisters and 2 postulants and they are all really young. Here is the website that you must look at. www.oblatesofmary.com.