An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Follow Apollos...?

Bruce S

"My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name." (1 Cor.1:11-15)

fiddler this one for me guys.

Isn't this saying Jesus is the reason, and not the "flavor/denomination" that one might want to follow?

Since we now, like this verse, claim to have a preference for which Apostle or which teaching of a leader, like the Catholic Vs Protestant split, I take solace in this passage.

To me, it shows the flavor isn't important, the central message is, the teachings of Christ and the message as known in that age is what Paul is alluding to.

It means that ALL teachings of "men" are invalid, and "men" are not the determinant factor in Christianity, ALL MEN.

The rest is "spin"

Edited by Bruce S