Tony Posted August 25, 2006 Posted August 25, 2006 (edited) 1.. we are moving into a new house ( one of the many these days on phatmass).. September 23 we should be all moved in by.. that's what I was told anyway... 2.. I am in the process of consecrating myself to Mary.. with St. Louis Marie De Montfort's total consecration.. I just think this is the best thing for me to do at this time in my life. wtih issues with depression,anxiety, and what not.. I just want to give everything to Mary. .the consecration day will be Septermber 12.. (Most Holy name of Mary)..I hate rushing into things.. but I had started giving prayers prayers and offerings to Mary.. and then saw that this is what the consecration was about.. so.. it seemed to fit me to a tee.... and I didn't realise September 12 was a feast either until I looked it up.. another sign a couple weeks before that.. someone had a bunch of free stuff in their yard... and much to my surprise.. one of the boxes had tons or rosaries , Brown Scapulars.. a Catechism, and some other prayer books and things.. and I think it was meant for me to have.. so it's in my posession now....Evidently, Mary doesn't want to see me out of a Scapular. perfectly fine with me.. the Scapular has always been important to me.. now more than ever perhaps.. it's my personal uniform/habit/whatever you wanna call it and am enrolled in it. so yeah that's it.. I sent a lot of people IMs/mails about these things.. but that got tiring so I am just going to tell everyone at once now Some people might say "meh, big deal".. but it is to me... and important to me... moving is hard... a bit of a new area so I am not sure how easy it will be to get to Mass.. and.. I Just feel like i need to do this. so.. I humbly ask for your prayers God bless! Tony Edited August 25, 2006 by Tony
homeschoolmom Posted August 25, 2006 Posted August 25, 2006 I hate moving. But probably because I've done it more than I care to remember.
Lil Red Posted August 25, 2006 Posted August 25, 2006 i'm very happy you are doing the consecration! wonderful : you will surely be blessed by becoming closer to Jesus through Mary!
curtins Posted August 25, 2006 Posted August 25, 2006 Tony- the concecration is a great thing- I just renewed mine this past august. Good luck with ur move and a new beggining wherever your moving to
MIKolbe Posted August 25, 2006 Posted August 25, 2006 Tony- So VERY happy for you. I am also in the process of my Consecration to Mary. I am using St. Kolbe's method. [url="http://www.consecration.com/"]page here[/url] My date is Sept 8. (Birth of Mary). You will be in my prayers. JMJ, Kolbe
ForHimAlone Posted August 26, 2006 Posted August 26, 2006 The Marian Consecration was one of the best things I've ever done! God bless you in your final weeks of preparation!
Tony Posted August 26, 2006 Author Posted August 26, 2006 thanks. I am rather worried honestly about the whole move... here.. I am able to go to Mass a lot with my aunt.. and even when i can't.. I take a 40 minute walk there and back.. (2 miles or so).. I am moving to somewhere that is rather out of my aunts way..and the Catholic church is nearly 3 miles out, so I dont know if its walkable ( no, I don't drive.. and this isnt where I want to get into the "Why not?"s ... please..).. being able to go to Mass is about the only thing that keeps me going.. (I am sure many here can identify with that).. so. yeah I am pretty worred.. I was told for quite a while that we were keeping our current house.. so this whole time, I thought I had this option of staying behind, because I was asked if I wanted to. So when they finally do buy this other house, bring up the possiblity of staying at this house, and get laughed at by my step dad, mentioning a high house payment I really can't afford... and then founde out that we were indeed selling this house. (Funny my mom didn't know this yet either, and I was expected to know for some reason) so yeah.. thats another reason I am concecrating myself to Mary.. just to be so entrusting in her that everything will work out fine.. ( I mean she wants me to go to Mass too.. and my faith is the only thing that keeps me going in life.. so if I can give her everything.. I should be alright.. right?)
Fides_et_Ratio Posted August 27, 2006 Posted August 27, 2006 Mary will take care of you. more prayers!
Tony Posted September 1, 2006 Author Posted September 1, 2006 (edited) I am on day 22 of the consecration, which is around the time it starts to get a little hard.. and i wonder if I am being too hard on myself sometimes.. but I do want to do this. Please pray Edited September 1, 2006 by Tony
Lil Red Posted September 1, 2006 Posted September 1, 2006 Mary will be there to help you to Jesus - keep praying and i will pray for you as well!
goldbug16 Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 [font="Times New Roman"]Prayers for you and your move and your consecration![/font][color=#3333FF] :prayers:
Tony Posted September 12, 2006 Author Posted September 12, 2006 well.. I am Consecrated to Mary now I just hope I prepared myself for it well enough. wasnt able to make it to Mass of confession due to storms I did it all as a semi-private devotion.. I wasn't doing it with anyone. Thank you for all of your prayers
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 12, 2006 Posted September 12, 2006 Yay! The big day has finally arrived!
Tony Posted January 9, 2007 Author Posted January 9, 2007 a little bit of an update on all this.. I have been moved in the new house for almost 4 months now... Thankfully, I have been able to find a way to Mass most of the time.. which was a big worry for me.. it's the highest priority I have.. The Box of rosaries and Scapulars... I can't seem to find them.. I am sure they are around somewhere.. but I have no idea where they are.. I could really use some of the tihings in that box too.. I had placed some of my other Catholic things into that box (like my Bible, a Catechism is in there, and the Consecration book that I had signed the day I consecrated myself. ) I had just sort of condensed a lot of my Catholic and things into one box.. all of importance to me.. but the box is missing!. so if someone could "bug" St. Anthony for me.. that would be great!. Thank you and God bless you everyone! Tony
Jesus_lol Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 have fun with your new house, hopefully it will be yours for a long time
Tony Posted January 18, 2007 Author Posted January 18, 2007 (edited) yay I found the box.... ah the simple pleasures... I am in Mary's Heavenly garment again Thank you everyone for your prayers Edited January 18, 2007 by Tony
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now